1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

keg nerf.

Discussion in 'Balance' started by steve_jobs, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Rubixxcube

Rubixxcube Bison Rider

Just explain what you meant. He obviously read what you wrote, there's no need to be hostile if you're not even going to expand on it.

I really like the way kegs work now in terms of the explosion, although I feel that the range could do with a small amount of nerfing. I just feel that you should have to put a keg right next to an enemy base to get in, and as of right now, you can toss it away and think you saved the base, only to have it only tear the doors off. I like the shape of the current explosion, because to take cover from it, all that you need is to put yourself above or below the explosion, and with shields not blocking keg explosions, (At least in my experience, I don't know if maybe I'm just being bad. Another reason why shields are shit now) then there's no other way to survive a close quarters explosion through skill. As of now, you can time a slash and put yourself higher or lower, or just jump in a trench like it's WWI.

2. Shambls

Shambls Tree Planter

How about make the keg holder more vulnerable:

-only builders can lite kegs. This basically forces the squishiest part of your team on the field. Making for more teamwork and class viability. ultimately the builder will just pass it off to a knight but that adds two moments for which the keg run is weak. That being the time when the builder is holding the keg and when passing it off. ideally you would want the builder to it (it being a suicide bomb explosion). That way you have more knights to storm the castle

-when stunned you drop the keg lit or not. Still knightcentric but gives the opposing team the potential to "mug" the keg carrier. also I believe archers can stun at a distance with regular ammo or is that just water? this adds an interesting fumbling aspect to keg runs.

-no use of shields as the keg bearer, so that includes no gliding. Again Knightcentric but with this option really gives your archers a chance to shine and forces the other team, more so, to protect the keg bearer. If fire arrows detonated unlit kegs that would also be cool.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This would be needlessly awkward imo lol. The archer would be better than that, but the knight is fine as is. Just removing exploding on death would fix a majority of the current issues.

4. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

I actually like this idea quite allot, it would make the team with the keg think more about their placement, and also it would let the team stick together, creating teamwork.

I totally agree with everything you said above.
    How the Keg explodes as a "+", I guess you could make the edges of the + a bit smaller. I think it's about 5-8 tiles both ways (up and down, left and right) where it explodes. (if there is not bedrock ofc) Maybe it could be decreased in length, but still have the "+" shape?

Of course I read what you said, I just expanded on what you said basically. Why would I quote your post if I didn't read it. Cancernator.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    Rubixxcube likes this.
  5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

So...... Why isn't this a thing yet? You have to kill the knight first before you can even move the keg anyways, so the knight still achieves his goal if he's good. You wouldn't have entire teams get rekt because they try to stop one guy.

Honestly right now, I don't even try to stop keggers. Most of the time I just end up getting blown up, and there's a gaping hole open for enemies to attack. It's much more valuable for me to just wait for the explosion and then be a temporary knight wall. That, or everyone rushes a guy with an unlit keg, he lights it, and then everyone goes boom, and your team has no defenders.

zerd, hierbo, BlueLuigi and 3 others like this.