1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Key to toggle auto-pickup of items on & off

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SirDangalang, Nov 30, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

In vanilla gameplay for aggressive builders who like to use items such as a drill & bucket combo it can get difficult to manage your inventory.
    This is because as you take out said item to use the inventory slot becomes vacant allowing any raw mats you come into contact with fill the spot.

For me it's quite common when I'm drilling into a flag room to pick up the loose stone from the breaking wall, meaning if do get close enough to grab the flag I have to drop the drill to pick up the flag or mess around with my inventory to keep the drill and risk wasting time when you need to perform a split second capture.

It's a specific example but i'm sure a lot of you as players have had that moment where something insignificant like 10 gold that was auto-picked up stopped you from stealing 250+ mats from the enemy in the heat of the moment.

I feel this would also benefit modded servers such as TFlippy's Territory Conrol which have a insane amount of items that you don't want clogging up your inventory when walking from A to B.

What do you guys think? What key should it be?

2. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Would be interesting. I'll just be that archer who grapples around to collect bombs and building material XD

3. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Please add it or I'm gonna start abusing this in ctf, I can see it already flag rooms filled with worthless shit...

4. ffsff

ffsff Haxor

I don't know if this necessarily applies to this topic, but...

This reminds me of how annoying it is to select certain items when holding the grab key, it seems as if items of inherited importance are highlighted despite being a few blocks away from your cursor. This is a nice feature until you are trying to grab things in an area with multiple items, and the item you pick up is not necessarily the one your cursor was over. The best example of this is the tree farm, where you want the saw, but you keep getting the seed, or where you want the wood, but you keep getting the saw.

I propose that holding the grab key for a set amount of time negates item priority, so the item you hover over, is the item you get.

Mods: Rainbows