1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Armory

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Skinney, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elricsfate

elricsfate Catapult Fodder

You may have already noticed this but it appears the Idle animation doesn't include a spear head. Is that something you will be able to correct?

2. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I thought this as well, but after looking at
    [​IMG]
    I think the point is down.
    Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Hawxx, elricsfate and CrystalClear like this.
  3. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

As Guitarman pointed out, the spear head is facing down. This allows you to grab the rear of the shaft with your thrusting hand (right) while being able to place the front of the shaft in your aiming hand (left). In all honesty though I initially started animating it with the spear head up until I realized my mistake a few frames in.

I hope that clears things up, any more questions and concerns? Feel free to ask away!

elricsfate likes this.
  4. Dennisaran

Dennisaran Shopkeep Stealer

No questions really, just want to stop by and hand my compliments to the mod. It looks amazing! I am seriously impressed! (Of course I couldn't code a sneeze so I guess that's not saying much, but all the same!)

I love the entire idea, and the execution! Especially the javelins for the knight! I can't wait to see more weapons for the archer and builder...
    I hope you enjoy making this as much as people will playing it. I know I will.

5. Mihu

Mihu Builder Stabber

Can we eat bunnies? :3

6. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

If you make that mace have an actual swinging ball I'll sell you my virginity! And money. Yes. Looooots of money... ;)

7. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Love the Sprites

8. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I love the builder weapons especially how much they fit since the builder looks all strong and bulky :D

9. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I know I can't do this, but I think this animations needs to be redone.

10. Bint

Bint Haxor

What's wrong with it?

11. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

It doesn't make sense. At first he put his hands on it and then boom he fliped it and its pointing the right way. I just think that it needs more frames to it.

12. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Err no, sir. Overcomplex animations totally don't fit KAG style.

And I guess longbow should be longer... Not like longer in size, but it shouldn't be just bigger than a shortbow, only longer.

13. Skinney

I will look into it :).

When I start animating the archer I will do a do a second pass on the sprites to make sure they fit.

I have been working on a 3rd frame for the draw animation to smooth out the transition, should make it look much cleaner. Let me know if you see anything else that looks odd.

Guitarman and amgtree like this.
  14. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Looks awesome Skinney can't wait

15. Skinney

Cleaned up a couple frames and made the strike mid up, strike mid down animations.

Draw Weapon (new animation with the extra frame)
    [​IMG]

Strike Mid Up
    [​IMG]

Strike Mid
    [​IMG]

Strike Mid Down
    [​IMG]

Working on Strike Down and Strike Power, then its the block animations!

16. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Sorry when I said an extra frame I meant him flipping it around in his hand. It doesn't matter, but I do like the jabbing animations though.

17. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

I reckon it's looking good so far. I can't wait to see this mod realizing it's true potential :)

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  18. Skinney

I am not quite sure I follow, do you think you could elaborate?

Thanks, I plan on releasing the spear first then working on an advanced weapon for the archer till completion. Let me know if you have any preference which one.

In other new I have been working on Spear - Strike Power, I think I finally have it nailed down.

Charge level 1 will be a fast lunge that breaks block and stuns (similar to the how the current sword slash works). I am not sure if I want to make this multi-directional or not, would like your feedback on this.
    [​IMG]
    Charge level 2 will be a follow up attack that is a flurry of mid centered jabs.
    *animation pending

And if you missed it, this is the Spear - Strike down animation.
    [​IMG]

MadRaccoon, Mazey and Duke_Jordan like this.
  19. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

What amgtree is saying, is he wants a frame of him flipping the spear. The fist frame is him grasping the unturned spear from his back, and the next frame has him with h the spear upright. He wants a frame in between that, such as hes holding it sideways as he's flipping it.

SlyStalker likes this.
  20. Boea

Boea Such Beta

How about the Charge 1 has a more limited range of attack?

Duke_Jordan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.