1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Armory

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Skinney, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

What amgtree is saying, is he wants a frame of him flipping the spear. The fist frame is him grasping the unturned spear from his back, and the next frame has him with h the spear upright. He wants a frame in between that, such as hes holding it sideways as he's flipping it.

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

So yeah, so, the Charge 1 attack could probably go to the mid-sides, and probably straight down, I don't know what would be a reasonable compromise between Charge 0 and Charge 2.

All I know is that a vaulting staff for archers would be pretty neat.

3. vik

vik THD Team THD Team Tester

kitty approves

4. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

very nice... where to download D : ?

5. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

Can you make a scythe? Pretty please?

6. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Its still a WIP so it's not available yet.

That is a possibility for the builder, we will see.

7. Landoo2

Landoo2 Ballista Bolt Thrower

D :
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2013, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2013 ---
    and when do you think will it be finished to dowload it?

8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

So, I guess Vaulting Staff can be a replacement for the Grapple Hook?

AcidSeth likes this.
  9. Skinney

I don't have a date or an estimate, once I finish the spear 100% I should have a better idea on how long each weapon will take.

Possibly, although I was hoping to add some sort of pole vaulting functionality for the Spear Knight.

updated main post to have bunny files :)

Guitarman and Bint like this.
  10. Doomky

Doomky Catapult Fodder

hi everybody :),
    i think your weapons mod is amasing:p but i think, you must use weapons like "advanced class" something like :

---> hunter (half archer half knight)
    /
    :archer: archer-|----> sniper ( big bow)
    \
    ---> Super archer (reflex bow)

11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

reflex bow would probably be the best bet for shooting quickly, but I don't know about the maximum speed it can shoot an arrow, since that seems to be a popular way to balance the damn thing to normal bows [but that is unless you actually have to craft the reflex bow in the first place, with actual resources]

Anyways, be careful, and I'm putting this gently, Legolas isn't actually the fastest archer, disregarding the fact that he is unreal and I am comparing him to a real person, but he is probably the best aimed archer.

12. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

This is just amazing, great work there! I wonder apart from the weapons, if wearable armor types could be an option to mod as well? It could offer lots of tactical aspects.

For instance a two handed weapon user would prefer wearing heavy armor to receive less damage from projectiles but by doing so his movement speed is reduced.

Another build such as a javelin thrower could utilize light armor and act as a skirmisher, throwing javs and then retreating.

Anyway, a couple of examples just to give you a general idea...

13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I don't know about armor though, damage is pretty much decided outside of the victim's glob, and adding hearts seems lazy, and problematic, it would wreck the power balance, and I don't know if adding a cost to weapon production would necessarily help.

14. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

I love the knights halberd
    When do you think that it will be completed (ready to install)
    And, ahh...cute bunny!!!

15. Skinney

Thanks for liking my work so far, the weapons will technically be classes. I would like to refer to them as alternative classes rather than advanced classes because my goal is to give the player choices depending on their play style but not flat out make A better than B.

Great idea, its definitely something to think about for down the road after I complete King Arthur's Armory.

There will be no weapon costs for the "alternative classes" aside from tech (research time) and structure (material cost + migrant).

I will be completing the weapons one by one, class by class. So the first one that will come out is the spear for the Knight, then an unannounced weapon for the Archer and finally an unannounced weapon for the Builder, rinse and repeat. Have a weapon you particularly like or is not listed? Let me know!

Check out my new TTH map, MineShaft!

16. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Quick question though: where do I place the different parts of the bunnies in the KAG beta files?

17. Skinney

1. Drag and drop the unzipped bunny file and the chat file to your "KAG Beta/Mods" folder.
    2. Add two lines to your Mods.cfg. First line should be "Bunny", second line should be "Chat".
    # Add mods (directory names) from /Mods directory to be used by this game
    # use line breaks between mods eg.

Bunny

Chat

Now you can spawn bunnies with the command !bunny.

MrError likes this.
  18. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Thank you that helps a lot :D

19. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Where does the .png go?

20. Skinney

The "Bunny.png" is just a frame sheet (for people who want the art without everything else), the "Bunny.zip" contains everything you need for the mod including the frame sheet.

Follow these directions for installation, if you have any more trouble feel free to let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.