1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Armory

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Skinney, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dioxyde

Dioxyde Shark Slayer

Wow. Realy GREAT!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. That was my face when i watched your post. Good job.

KlaudiaM likes this.
  3. Make knights with shields and bows, lol :eek:

4. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

Brilliant stuff, and it just keeps getting better!!! Keep up the good work Skinney!

CrystalClear likes this.
  5. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Maybe a mechanical arm mounted crossbow similar to what Guts had during the opening sequence of Berserk.

Thanks, will do.

I still have my hands full with scripting and testing the Spear, however once it is at a playable state I will release a stand alone mod so you can play around with it and give me feedback. Regarding Archer weapons I have had a couple additional ideas rolling around in my head, they are as follows.

Weapons - your primary weapon
    1. Javelin: Possibly move the javelin from the Knight to the Archer
    2. Repeating Crossbow: A crossbow with a clip size, has shorter range and less damage.
    3. Chain and Sickle: Melee weapon with short to medium range capabilities.
    4. Hand Cannon: Ranged weapon used for anti structure/vehicle or defensive purposes.

Armaments - equipment stored in your backpack that have quantity and limited uses.
    1. Caltrops: Scatter caltrops that damage and impede enemy players and animals.
    2. Bolas: Thrown weapon that attaches to enemy players and animals rooting them in place.
    3. Booby Traps: Attach items to enemy structures (doors, workbenches, etc) and vehicles.
      • Incendiary
      • Explosive
      • Physical
    4. Boomerang: Thrown weapon that damages enemy players that are struck by it.

The next update will have the spear in some playable form.

6. I wonder how the boomerang would work... :huh?:

SMASH1413 likes this.
  7. Skinney

Selected from your backpack, activated with spacebar. The boomerang would travel a set distance and return to you, if it happened to collide with a blob it would fall to the ground where it could be destroyed or retrieved. Think similar physics to the grappling hook with longer distance, faster travel and not affected by mass. Do note this is all conjecture without implementation or testing, so if it does get added it is always subject to change.

8. How would you do the sprites for that? o:

9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Simple, find something that isn't used, and could be conceivably be construed as a boomerang... hell, you could simply rename the boomerang as a chakram, and find something suitably round in the art assets if you can't find a boomerang-like sprite.

10. I mean a boomerang spins so you would have to make the sides of it

11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

So you can't rotate objects like you can with catapults, wheels, and so on?

When it comes to collisions boxes, I've only seen that the config files deal with circles, I don't know what arrows are though.

12. I'm talking about the sides of the boomerang after it's thrown

13. Skinney

This is a really rough draft on what it could look like, I would probably change it to look like it had a lot of roll (upwards of 45 degrees). That would make it look more like a boomerang at first glance and would move more realistically. With that said, I probably wont spend any more time on the sprite unless it makes it through testing.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    You can designate points using "@f32 verticesXY" to create a custom collision box. For instance the shark, catapult, ballista, etc all have unique collision boxes.

MadRaccoon and Guitarman like this.
  14. SMASH1413

SMASH1413 Bison Rider

It seems a decent enough idea, I think that, what if it was thrown vertically?
    Then you should only have to spin one side, so you would have no problems with the sides or anything like that....

15. Skinney

Most boomerangs are thrown vertically (or slightly tilted), not horizontally like a Frisbee. Regarding spinning, I would probably make a looping animation rather than script in rotation on a single sprite. Got completely sidetracked after messing around with the boomerang animation and came up with a goofy mockup for the HUD.
    [​IMG]

Back to scripting.

MadRaccoon, Hawxx, SMASH1413 and 7 others like this.
  16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

As long as the collision circle is the center of the rotation, it shouldn't be a huge issue.

17. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

The UI is very nice, it would fit perfectly, you just need to center the items appearance on the belt to the right.

18. Skinney

Thought I would post a quick update as to how the mod is coming along. The spear is coming along slowly but surely, I just need to script a couple more mechanics such as.
    • spear-copter
    • aerial down attack bounce
    • bomb jab
    Here is a little WIP for the spear-copter
    [​IMG]
    I will let you guess to how it functions :)

19. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Here have my cookie.

I enjoy your pictures and stuff.

20. WolfgangPolska

WolfgangPolska Shipwright

When it will be relased? I can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.