1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Book Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Lawrence_Shagsworth, Nov 9, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

From Murakami I specially enjoyed his short stories in "Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman"

2. Adrianza

Adrianza Shark Slayer
    1. Zen Laboratories

3. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Essentially all of the GoT series. Thing is I'm polish and I used to read polish books mostly. Whoa, that just struck me.

4. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Just finished 2nd part of Lord of the Rings, considering reading other Tolkien pieces like 'The Silmarillion'. Thinking about using audiobooks with Audible. Thoughts?

Fernegulus likes this.
  5. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

My favourite form of reading is having both the book and the audiobook. I actually enjoy it, because it forces you to read the entire thing, not just ~30% like people normally do

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Do you mean you read while listening to the audiobook, or you do one after the other?

7. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

while I've managed to pick up great expectations by charles dickens (which seems to be promising thus far), i haven't been able to get much time to read
    past that, anyone have some recommendations for good books in general?

Psiklaw likes this.
  8. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Nah, I mean simultaneously.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  9. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Basing it off of Charles Dickens, I think that you'd like pieces by Mark Twain or Ernest Hemingway

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The Hobbit - a good read for english learners, easy to understand and nice story, oh wait...

11. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

1984 or brave new world by huxley are simple n interesting at the same time, also they are similar

12. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

LOTR

13. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

At the moment reading 4 series at once, the Sword art online series, theatre illuminata series, re-reading deltora's quest and reading the James Potter series ( a series about Harry Potter's son).

Anyway all are pretty good series ... My fav series so far is the iron fey, which has humor, etc. in it... Ask me about anything I've mentioned I'll answer in more detail... Just didn't feel like writing an essay.

Fuzzle likes this.
  14. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Deltora Quest is amazing, great read, especially the other ones (the flute and the dragon things).

15. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

16. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Finally got Tolkien's 'The Silmarrilion' as a birthday present. Looking forward to reading it.^-^
    [​IMG]

Fernegulus and Anonymuse like this.
  17. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

congrats frog ;p

18. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Spoiler: I got bored around page 30, too many names, too many stories. It's a hard read, but I"m sure if you stick with it you'll enjoy it. Also, happy belated.

19. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Finally finished 'The Silmarillion', absolutely adored it. Planning on reading another piece in the Tolkien universe going by the name of 'The Children of Húrin'!

NinjaCell, BlueLuigi and Sytoplasma like this.
  20. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

Could you link the James Potter series? I just finished rereading HP and would like something new set in the same universe. (tried googling it but there were alot :eek:)

Mods: BlueLuigi