1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Book Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Lawrence_Shagsworth, Nov 9, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Yes, please do. It sounds entertaining, even if it's just fanfic (is it?),.

2. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I read The Cat in the Hat, took a while. Its a good book though.

icemusher and Sytoplasma like this.
  3. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

For James Potter series

http://www.goodreads.com/series/45293

You need to buy them, think they are only purchasable online, as books, but not sure. This is a good website I find when getting books etc. tells you the order and also if you click on one it tells you a bit about it and you can purchase it.

Another website that might help:
    http://www.jamespotterseries.com/muggle_index.html

Not sure about it since never really used it but yeah

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  4. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

lol git gud
    [​IMG]

5. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Finally got the 'The Children of Húrin' today, looking forward to reading it!
    [​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 11, 2015, Original Post Date: May 27, 2015 ---
    Finally finished 'The Children of Hurin' today! Not quite sure what to read next though :/
    Recommendations are welcome

6. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Anyone here ever read any of Star Wars Books? My favourites are Outbound Flight and Thrawn's Trilogy so far.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  7. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Tasty?

8. Lawrence_Shagsworth

9. I'm going to Necro this, but has anybody read the Last of the Mohicans? I liked it a lot.

10. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Nope. I'm having trouble coming across books that don't bore me with their details without progressing at a breakneck or childish pace. Sometimes when I open a book, I wonder Do people really find this entertaining? or think This is a good story for children, but it's too simple for me to enjoy.

I'll work on being less picky, I suppose.

11. That happened to me when I tried to read Redwall a few years back. The story moves a long way too slowly. The Hobbit was also a pain for me, it really bores me when a page is spent describing a scratch on a twig that fell from one of the numerous trees in a forest. Black Boy was really good for me, it's one of those books that doesn't have any unnecessary writing(with a few exceptions), and it's one of those can't put down books. It's a autobiography, but when I read "Hunger", an excerpt from it, I went to find the full story.

BlueLuigi and Sytoplasma like this.
  12. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Anyone hear read
    'The Lie Tree' or 'Twilight Robbery' or any of Frances Hardings books? (probably spelt that name wrong but meh). They're great books, new ideas.

13. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

14. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

I followed that link and read it. Awesome story.

15. PussyDestroyer likes this.
  16. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

I read it; maybe I'm just too tired to find it scary. Thanks for the link, though.

PussyDestroyer likes this.
  17. It wasn't scary, I was just wondering if anybody else thought that the lady wasn't even real. That Martin had mental problems, and that the fear of the elevator maybe actually drove him to imagine the lady. Or that he was actually in a hospital, the lady was a nurse, and the doctor could be his dad, and he's just delusioned.

18. Lawrence_Shagsworth

In light of the college year commencing very soon, I plan on getting The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald. Something enjoyable to do when travelling on the bus or during free periods

19. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

At Night by Dennis Lehane (i don't know if it's the correct translation)
    There are a few good books like The Godfather I read but "at night" was the last good book i read. The last book i read was "Kill your friends". A bad book about Drugs, Parties and the Music Business.
    Actually i "read" the "anarchist cookbook". It is intresting but not a real book.

20. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I'm recently getting stuck into Agatha Christie novels with the latest being "The Murder of Rodger Ackroyd". I recommend anyone into detective novels to read this along with "Murder on the Oriental Express" as they are really amazing. Personally I find them way better reads than any of the Sherlock stories I've read :D

Mods: BlueLuigi