1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Crown

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PUNK123, Aug 14, 2017.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

So i had an idea alittle over a year ago for a gamemode in tdm where players fight over an object and whoever holds it the longest in the time period wins the game. It is basically free for all with the goal of holding onto, what the object turned out to be, a crown. The original gamemode turned into cancer for a plethora of reasons
    1. no maps made specifically for the free for all aspect with several spawns so random killing was rampant
    2. the original modded version was created so that you needed to hold onto the crown yourself for a specific amount of time without dying(when it would be less cancer in free for all for it to be total time or total time up until a threshold where you win).
    3. The number of players werent capped so it would be 20+ cancerfests(it should be capped to 10-15 like tdm)
    I think if the gamemode were to be seen as a good enough idea for official then it could keep some of its original ideas

1. when the crown goes into the void it respawns at mid
    2. the crown carrier has slower speed
    3. instant respawns for all players
    4. free for all instead of real teams

but it would need to have maps specifically made for the gamemode(something id be willing to work on and id try to get other's to help) and a more thought out way to win the game(how long you need to hold the crown on one life, or how long you need to hold the crown for the game). I dont think the game should end with no winner so it should probably be whoever holds the crown for the longest total time, but maybe others would be fine with no winner if there's a chance of winning the next game(because they only take 5~ minutes each b/c its tdm). Also the crown would need to look alot better to be an official aspect.

I liked the idea of the gamemode and the mockup that pirate-rob made was fun, but i think if a more balanced version was made and incorporated into the game it would be fun for every.

Rainbows, Magmus, bunnie and 3 others like this.
  2. Cohen

Cohen Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester

I think this idea is nice and the mod would be definitely worth trying with fixes you mentioned above. Let me know if you need help with maps for this gamemode.

Mods: Rainbows