1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Story king arthurs gold a fan fiction series

Discussion in 'KAG Media' started by taco_frog, Jan 16, 2012.

?

did you like it

1. yes

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. I want more

10 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. taco_frog

taco_frog Shipwright

ok then im might post them on my profile page so people can find them easier. thanks for the support everyone and kouji all will be revealed soon. (i do stuff around in stories kind of a bit)

2. taco_frog

taco_frog Shipwright

Conversing in a destroyed forest with chunks of people who were just trying to kill you while not a mile away there was a war going would not usually have appealed to Frog. However he found that Bear, the strong knight, Whisper the quiet but caring archer and Ghozt the manic builder, were good company for talking to. After they had finished the introductions Bear asked Ghozt in his deep voice,
    “So, what are you doing out here so far away from a knight to protect you?”
    He added hastily,
    “Not that you need it”
    Ghozt looking slightly disappointed showed them to a pit that dropped down further than any of them could see and said,
    “They kinda had a fall”
    Every one grimaced and Whisper said,
    “Come we must get going there will be more blues soon and we must reach the wall before sunset.”
    They all agreed and started marching again. Out from under the trees and onto an abandoned stone quarry where red builders lay on the bricks and in the dirt all pierced with arrows. Taco squad continued on. As they marched Frog got the chance to ask Whisper,
    “Who were those people back at camp, the ones that taunted Bear?”
    Whisper clenched his teeth and replied angrily,
    “They are troll squad, the “elite” team that usually does what it wants when it wants. They have a thing for Bear after he tried to collapse a castle on their heads.”
    “Oh is that all?”
    Frog asked, looking over to Bear nervously who was chatting away to Ghozt and eating a sandwich. Frog was about to ask his second question when Ghozt cried,
    “Here we are crew, blue castle.”
    And indeed they were. It raised a good fifty paces high glistening with spiked and traps. It was enormous and encompassed the entire enemy camp. From about a mile down the left hand side they could see and hear the two forces clashing at the enormous gates. A head suddenly popped up from the ground at their feet. Ghozt almost brained him with his hammer before the stranger had time to yell,
    “Stop I’m a friend, the names Adinxs, I work for the nacho squad. Please follow me we have been expecting you.”
    Wondering what was going on Frog followed Bear, Ghozt and Whisper into the small cramped tunnel. They walked bent over through the tight space before coming out into a room about seven by ten paces in area. A table was pushed up against one wall and a lone lantern hung from the ceiling casting bright light into the room. Adinxs introduced them to a knight who was almost as large as Bear and had a bright red head band on. He introduced himself as Rambo and told them their objectives.
    “after you boys rest a while, I need you to go down the third tunnel and meet up with the other squad there, your diggers will make a path straight up into the throne room.”
    Bear interrupted and asked,
    “What, I thought we were trying to bust the gates?”
    Rambo looking pleased said,
    “Mate if we destroy the king it will open the gates a lot quicker than breaking through, in fact”
    And at that he leant in to them and Whispered,
    “If we kill the king we will win this whole god damned war”
    Bear sat back nodding slowly, Whisper grinned and Ghozt smiled a great big smile filled with joy. Frog sat silently contemplating this. If the war ended it would mean peace in the lands that had been warring for over fifty years. Families would be reunited and towns rebuilt. But what of the soldiers? Would they still have a purpose?
    Rambo’s loud voice cut through his thinking,
    “Ok then boys you get some rest and tonight your head into those tunnels and give em hell”
    He dismissed them and wandered off to talk to another digger. Adinxs showed them to their quarters and left them too it.
    As they rested listening to the thumps as bombs on the surface went off the occasional clang of a pick on the stone Ghozt asked
    ,”what’s your motivation for fighting?”
    Bear replied straight away,
    “The excitement, the thrill of hurling yourself into the fray”
    Ghozt nodded in agreement before Whisper said quietly,
    “The sense of adventure”
    Bear asked,
    “What about you frog?”
    Frog looking up at the dirt roof said in a strong voice,
    “I want to mean something, I want to be remembered.”
    In the silence that followed Whisper said,
    “You know I get the feeling you will one day Frog, I believe you will”
    ©taco frog productions 2012

Adinxs and Rambo like this.
  3. Im in the story mommy
    [​IMG]

taco_frog likes this.
  4. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

This is really quite enjoyable, I hope you continue writing. I also want to be in it :3

5. taco_frog

taco_frog Shipwright

Part 4.
    The muffled thump of a bomb awoke Frog from his sleep. He rose quickly dressing in his armour and sliding his sword into its sheath and strapping his shield onto his back. Whisper and Ghozt were already up and moving about collecting supplies and maps of the tunnels. Frog walked outside of the quarters and found Bear sitting at a chair conversing with Rambo. He grinned at Bear and reported,
    “The squad is ready to go”
    Bear nodded and said happily,
    “Good, prepare to move out in about ten minutes.”
    The tunnels where cramped. Water and roots ran from the ceiling in trails and occasionally the boom of a bomb overhead would make dust and stones fall in a cloud. Taco squad moved quietly along the winding paths with Ghozt in the lead occasionally stopping to check a map. Bear and Whisper were trailing behind talking in hushed tones of which Frog caught bits and pieces of.
    “Killed builders…..encoded messages……betrayal.”
    Before long the tunnel widened and began to head upwards before opening into grotto the area of a small house. Ghozt pointed to a tunnel on the other side of the cave that led further up and said,
    “That’s our destination”
    “Indeed it is”
    A voice said from the darkness. All members of taco quad drew their weapons as three figures emerged from the gloom.
    “Sadly you won’t get out of here alive.”
    In the dim sunlight squeezed in from the ceiling Frog could clearly see that the men standing in front of them were troll squad. Bear, with a grin so large it almost illuminated the cavern, hefted his sword onto his shoulder and said with a chuckle,
    “I am going to enjoy this.”
    The others spread out around him clenching their weapons and sizing up targets. The leader of the troll squad whistled before saying,
    “Let’s make this a bit more even”
    As he said it men dressed in blue emerged from the shadows drawing weapons. One closest to Ghozt announced,
    “I’m going to break you into small pieced and then use your bones….”
    They never found out what Ghozts bones were going to be used for because he smashed his hammer into the offenders jaw and watched grinning as pieces of tooth, bone and maybe brain sprayed from his head. As the blue knight slumped to the floor he turned and yelled,
    “Come get some”
    And they did.
    Rolling from arrows Frog came up in front of an enemy and ran him through with his blade before diving to the side to avoid a swing from a massive sword. Whisper used Bears shield as a spring board and lept up into the air were he dug a arrow into the wall and stayed there ringing deadly arrows down into the masses of blue bodies. Bear, roaring as he went flung enemies to the side and charged towards the troll squad leader. With fear in his eyes he tried to back away but Bear reached him and yelled,
    “This is for Miaow”
    And brought his sword down and cleaved him into two. Frog had cleared a path to the other tunnel with Whisper and Bears yell made him look back. Splattered with blood and gore and with two arrows stuck in his torso he was an awesome sight. The blue knights charged against him in waves and he knocked them back advancing to the tunnel to the surface. Frog looked for Ghozt and found him standing next to the centre support beam near a pile of corpses. He beckoned and yelled,
    “Go I’ll be right behind you”
    The others nodded and ran to towards the surface. Just as they cleared the tunnel Frog looked back and saw Ghozt, as if in slow motion he noticed the knights surging towards him and then Frog found Ghozt face. The crazy builder smiled sadly and then smashed his hammer against the wooden beam. It splintered and collapsed bringing down ten tonnes of stone and dirt on top of Ghozt and the enemies within.
    The others stood in dumb shock as the earth around them buckled and collapsed. They turned and were surrounded by blue soldiers all holding swords at their throats. A man stepped forward and said in a high voice,
    “Lock em away until the king see fit for their heads to roll”
    As they were matched away with Bear and Whisper fighting against the captives, Frog looked back to where Ghozt had been and a single tear rolled down his face.
    ©taco frog productions.

6. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I really like it now that I was mentioned.

7. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I approve of this! A work of art! You are my friend, my good friend.
    As a matter of course, I must support the enemy, even though they will never win due to the fact that the Reds have protagonists.

Might I be able to barter a passage into this story with a burrito to your taco? :3

8. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

Yay, I was avenged :)

9. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

I think I will try to draw this, on paper though.
    (I suck at computer related art)

10. taco_frog

taco_frog Shipwright

well im sorry hella but i have actually finished this series (the last story will be up soon) but there may be the possibility of a zombie story when the zombie mode is released. =)

11. taco_frog

taco_frog Shipwright

A rat ran over Frogs foot. The dungeon was crawling with their small furry bodies. The guards had dragged them down to the wretched cells and had taken their weapons and armour and left all three of them in separate cells chained to the wall. Frogs wrists hurt but he didn’t care, the loss of Ghozt hurt much more than a small chaffing.
    Whispers voice floated over to him,
    “Tell him who Miaow was Bear, tell him why you were avenging him.”
    Bear, who up till that point had been knocking his head against the wall in a slow rhythmic thud stood up and walked closer to the bars. As Frog watched him he realised that he had tears in his eyes. Bear sat heavily and sighed before saying,
    “Miaow was the other one in Taco squad before you arrived. He was new to the battle field much like yourself. On our first mission we were cornered in an old church and he jumped in front of an arrow to protect me. He died in my arms. The leader of the troll squad knew that Miaow had died protecting me and now I know that we were set up by those bastards”
    Here his voice choked off and he sobbed before saying,
    “I may act tough and strong but this war, it has to be stopped, it destroys innocent lives.”
    Frog nodded in agreement and said,
    “Yes friend and we will sto…”
    Bear interrupted him,
    “No, you will stop it frog, you have to.”
    Frog looked to Whisper who nodded and smiled sadly. He indicated to Bear and his self,
    “We will give you your best chances of survival, but you are the one that has to stay safe, you must…”
    The door above them clanged and knights marched in, the commander from before motioned for them to come and with the guards leading them, they went to meet their fate.
    They entered a massive throne trailing behind the guards. More knights and archers stood ready to shoot at a moment’s notice and high on a golden throne sat a man. His long blue tunic was inlaid with gold and a crown sat on his head. Taco squad were pushed to their knees as the king rose and walked towards them. His voice, loud in the silent hall boomed out,
    “So you are here to kill me?”
    It was not a question but a statement,
    “But it looks like I’m in the position to do the killing.”
    At this he chuckled before addressing the prisoners,
    “Do you know why you are here to kill me? Do you think it would make a difference, or is it just to prove something?
    He walked up to Bear and said,
    “What do you think it will change, it won’t bring back the dead ones?”
    Bear stiffened and the king looked at Whisper,
    “It won’t change your past wrongs”
    Whisper grimaced and the king turned to Frog,
    “And why do you fight?”
    Frog looked up at the man and said,
    We all fight, for meaning.”
    At those words Bear and Whisper bashed their heads in their guard’s noses and rose. Grabbing the discarded weapons they turned and attacked the surrounding guards. Frog lashed out at the king and his fist connected with his nose. The royal stepped back gasping as blood splashed from his nose. Guards tackled Frog to the ground and he felt a sword at his neck. But he was watching Bear and Whisper and once again it was as if time had slowed. Whisper struck out at a guard and dived to the side to avoid a barrage of arrows but he was to slow and they caught him. He jerked and gasped falling to the ground as blood spilled over his lips and he slid to the ground tears pooling on the floor. Bear was fending off seven guards but as Frog watched a blade blossomed from his friend’s chest and he slumped to the ground.
    “NO!”
    Frog screamed as Bears lifeless body crashed onto the cold stone floor. The pressure of the blade on his neck increased and line of blood tracked its way down his neck. Before the sword could slice through the soft skin the king said,
    “No bind his arms and bring him with me.”
    Dazed and confused Frog stared at his dead friends not comprehending what was happening. The guards half carried half dragged Frog up many stares before the kings voice said,
    “Leave us”
    A heavy fist bought things back into focus and Frog gasped as the king raised his hand to slap again. The king motioned around him and said,
    “Look boy, look around you.”
    Slowly Frog realised they were on top of a massive tower. He was slumped in front of the king with his hands bound behind his back. They were so high, the wind whistled around them as it blew. Groggily Frog looked around him. In all directions clouds of smoke covered parts of the land. He saw and heard far down below the red tunics of the allies being pushed back by a blue tide. But further out more battles were taking place and Frog realised that from horizon to horizon armies marched towards each other and castles toppled and fell.
    The king laughed and said,
    “There is only war, no matter what happens there will always be war. Your struggle to get here meant nothing and now what you will die lonely as all around you the battles continue. Your crusade meant nothing. You have no meaning.”
    Frog saw Ghozt’s manic smile, Whispers caring eyes and felt Bears strong hands on his shoulders. He could see Miaow, Rambo, Adinxs and all the othes who had fought for….fought for, what had they fought for?
    “They fought to have a meaning.”
    Frog said to himself. The king looked up puzzled. Frog rose shakily to his feet and yelled out in a voice so loud and powerful that for a moment every man and woman fighting looked towards the tower,
    “They fought for meaning, I FIGHT FOR MEANING” he yelled as he charged forward into the king. they stumbled back until they reached the edge were they swayed for a moment, the young man with bruises and cuts on his face, who had made and lost so many friends and the older man dressed in a fine gown and glistening crown that had destroyed Frogs and many others wishes and hopes before they fell out into space.

Epilogue:
    The children played around the statue in the late afternoon sun. It depicted a young man holding onto a cruel looking king as they fell from the roof of a tower. The inscription read
    “To those who mean something”
    A young boy sat by it with his best friend. The friend asked,
    “What do you think it could signify?”
    To which the boy replied,
    “I think we need to find out ourselves.”
    The end
    ©taco frog productions 2012

Authors note.
    Thanks to everyone for the continued support, I hope you had as much fun reading it as I did writing. The story is set in the KAG universe but does contain some added parts. The blue and red team do not represent Good and evil in my eyes. Thanks to all the players who allowed me to use their names in this story.

Rambo, Kouji and Miaow like this.
  12. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

A doodle I did of whisper.
    The top words got cut off, I had to draw it on paper.
    Done within 30 minutes on my couch.

Attached Files:

Acavado likes this.
  13. taco_frog

taco_frog Shipwright

haha i love it! just as thought he would look, all moody and quiet. i tried to do a picture of bear but it seems that i can only have one talent at once either writing or drawing. the picture of bear is now burnt, cut up, blended and in the bottom of a draw (it wasnt very good)