1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthurs Gold, A kid game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cerbercre, Sep 5, 2012.

?

Do you think KAG's a kids game?

1. Kids Game.

16.7%
  2. Not a kids game.

66.7%
  3. Whatever, I just like the game.

24.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I know 5yos who have played KAG

Therefore, either
    A)Your friends are retarded
    B)You don't have friends

Playing Knight at a basic level is simple for someone around the age of 7-10, playing it GOOD/GREAT? No. Playing it acceptably? Yes.

I'm not talking about doing things like breaking bridges above you, I'm talking about the general fighting, I see lots of straight up derp herps, and I've seen 5-8yos actually do just as good, because it's not hard all they do is run out OH SHIT A GUY, LOL CLICK XDD I WIN!

You're approaching this from many different ways though on how it is a kids game, the mechanics , the core mechanics do not require that much to get into. The harder shit, bombjumping, etc, yea, they kinda do and I wouldn't probably see a child doing it, but I imagine anyone 11+ could easily grasp the concept, hell Sj67 was 11(12 now I believe) and played KAG pretty well (even if he was a troll...), bombjumping, killing a lot of players easily, etc.

sj67, Contrary and delankski like this.
  2. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

Simplified.

A)[​IMG]

B)[​IMG]

Actually what I'm trying to say is "My friends doesn't know KAG, and I showed them the "KAG's gameplay".. And they said that "KAG looks like a child's game. But I think it is in terms of GRAPHICS".

3. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

I'm sure that this only looks childish to people, because all you SEE is little twenty-pixel archers and knights fighting each other with pixel swords and dying by the sound of the Wilhelm scream. The thing is the lack of decent tutorials and guides (For casual gamers, at least (You assume that the game is quite boring at first without nice things to show you e.g. YouTube)).
    But when you DO play the game it's kind of half-half, the modal age group seems to be around 10-12 year olds. It's just that 7,200+/180,000+ of the KAG population is on the forums, and about half of that number is actually active. We all think this game is not childish, but really in other peoples eyes, maybe they SEE it as just a little bit.

4. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

You guys are talking about the gore like it is horrific, the gore is not that, for lack of better words intense. Just some red pixels and bodys parts exploding about. In fact I would compare this games gore to tribes gore, which is not that bad. Something like Spec ops the line gore would be something that is bad for kids.

5. The gore is pretty light, yes, but the thing is ANY gore in a game used to grant it at least a G8+, if not a M15+.

6. BlueLuigi

Yet children will still play it.

7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I've played it several times with my 10yo cousin. He can make a normal 1stone 1 door wall but he's too lazy to teamwork and always goes knight to get faslty killed. His age or older, his profile represents is the typical kag newbie player, who does not use chat and does not know what's going on in the whole team. But he has a lot of fun, and i think that's the most important thing for him from a videogame.

8. BlueLuigi

Indeed it is, and you're forgetting that 80% of KAG players are at his skill level so he's essentially in the intermediate gameplay. :P

Lord_bugg, Ej, Arcite and 3 others like this.
  9. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

i 7 old n i no into teh tings :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

10. SuperWalrus

SuperWalrus Catapult Fodder

I think this is a game for all ages. Me and my son play together sometimes and have a lot of fun.

Lord_bugg, Beef, Jim_Dale and 8 others like this.
  11. Inexorable

Inexorable The おっぱい lovin' nipple wizard. Donator

KAG is a fun game for the whole family.

A 4 year old can figure out the controls but it takes a 40 year old basement dwelling neckbeard with too much time to perfect the use of them.

Lord_bugg, Beef, Ej and 5 others like this.
  12. Young Kids
    • Know how to play
    • Lack the knowledge of basic gameplay/rules
    • say random stuff like non other
    Griefers
    • Know how to play
    • don't know or care how the game works
    • generally jerks and also say random stuff
    Therefore, every single young kid in kag, is a griefer.
    simple as that

Lord_bugg and Cerbercre like this.
  13. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Uh, you are joking, right? Just to confirm.

14. of course, but sometimes its hard not to believe hahah

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  15. trot888

trot888 Bison Rider

I Agree, Most kids start 'capsing and yes they grief.

16. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

I was on with a few people the other day, and I forget how it cam up, but there were a group of "Kids" saying stuff like "This is obviously a kid's game, if you are older than you shouldn't be on here" And then they said "Even Geti said it is for kids" This actually got on my nerves a bit, it annoyed me!

Mulpy likes this.
  17. trot888

trot888 Bison Rider

Even Shad said this is not a kids game, Kids these days eh.....

18. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

:(Kinda how i felt when i first made this thread. i love kag.

19. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Just use the ignore feature. That thing comes in HANDYYY :p

Cerbercre likes this.
  20. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

It was before Ignore came out :QQ:

Lord_bugg and Cerbercre like this.