1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Gold has hit Steam

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

look this

[​IMG]

2. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

I got asked if i was a creator of the game a few days ago ahahahha

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

1v1 me in au :rekt:

jk I'm better versus groups abusing water bombs and mines <3

4. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

When did you buy KAG? You should be able to go to www.kag2d.com and go to panel (top center) and scroll down to get steam key. It should work if you already bought KAG which I see you have.

5. MCAlex

MCAlex Catapult Fodder

I bought KAG on IndieGameStand (months ago) but I still can't see any Steam key... :/

6. leezer

leezer Catapult Fodder

Bought it quite a while ago now on Desura. Yeah I know whereabouts to get the key but when you click it, it says I already have it which I don't. I know there was an issue devs were working on but it seems to be taking far longer than they anticipated. Thanks for getting back to me though :)

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

30 000-35 000 licenses have been sold via Steam thus far.

Taiga and Iamaclay like this.
  8. RogueCupcake

That is a lot of people!

9. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

Thanks Monsteri, did Geti tell ya because I've been really wondering about the state of the sale figures.

10. RogueCupcake

So that is like 30,000*$9.99 = $299,700. Or 35,000*$9.99 = $349,650!
    Either way, they have made a lot of money!

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I played a game recently where my team built a so-so defense, and the enemy team had this wtf amazing tower built over on their side. Their builders were really well coordinated and the effort really showed. Took me three attempts to bomb jump over, but after I did and started killing everything on their side, I grabbed the flag and just kinda... sat there killing stuff. I probably lasted 10 minutes without bothering trying to vacate the base before I got a wall of allcaps screaming "GODDAMN WOULD SOMEONE JUST KILL THIS GUY ALREADY?!"

My teammates showed up and I just stayed there, holding onto the flag, killing everything. I didn't wanna take the flag too easily and it got me a nice k/d... wish their knights had been better though. I ended up chucking the flag to one of the other knights and then stayed there, killing shit until it said the match was over. Good times.

12. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Well actually it's 8,99 and the game was on sale for 7,99 for a while. Though some sales obviously came from Europe, where we pay € for the same amount even though the currency is higher, so that makes up a bit.

But you have to remember that Steam and taxes both take around 20% cut, so actually the revenue is way smaller. Then it is split between Geti and MM.

So I'd estimate their gross revenue is around $280,000

But individually they netted around $81,000

Remember though, these numbers are pretty rough and there's definitely more factors affecting the income than the factors I counted (and even those I did based on vague information and a lot of rounding).

Iamaclay likes this.
  13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

And $80,000 is a lot of money, but not considering the development time for this game (Over two years.) but luckily they did make about that much pre-steam thanks to the pre-steam beta sales. They're actually pretty lucky to have gotten as far as they have, but I'd also say they're probably my favorite and most talented of the indie developers I follow regularly.

14. lazas1234

lazas1234 Builder Stabber

Congrats on getting the game in steam!
    Game is funnier because I find thrashing 5 knights by my self is amusing. It also gives you a good kdr. I remember one time at a start of a match I was archer and got all there flags, I gave them a chicken in return.