1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Gold of Duty: Zombies [KOD: Zombies] 1.1

A 2D version of Call of Duty Zombies (KAG zombies with guns)

1. Beo

Beo Bison Rider Tester

I tested KOD yesterday with ~10players for few hours (with testing mode on ::D:- means shitload of guns and other shit) and server always dies after about 1,5h of play. Not too many zombies before crash but too many guns that don't disappear.

And there's is this weird line everywhere in log files:
    Code:
    [18:53:56] CRules Command GameplayEvent not found; add it first in onInit()

2. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Ah, yes, that was a glorious moment... Everyone spammed RPG's everywhere.

3. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Got to day 35, and it crashed :F. Will upload a video later, not to youtube though, because it's.. let me check... 35 minutes? 1 minute for one day, oh lol.

- if there's 0 ammo on a gun, make it disappear
    - make shops have 1423942834923 health, i've killed one by accident in another game and we had to restart
    - WRAITHS/SKELE BOMBS PLEASE, SO THEY CAN EXPLODE IN OUR FACE OR WHEN WE SHOOT THEM :D

4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Nice, congratulations for making it so far, sucks about the crash. I'm looking into this but I don't know if it's something I can fix =)

1) They already despawn when there is 0 ammo. The next update will include decaying on ones with ammo.
    2) Shops are meant to be destroyable, it forces people to protect thier only means to survive - Further to this, I am still sitting on a fence as to if players should be able to build/collect resources or not.
    3) Explosive enemies destroy the map and in the first versions when I had them in weren't all that fun to play against. I am planning on adding a few more types of enemies and of course variants of the current ones implemented.

I'll hopefully have a new version out this coming week with at least one more map.

Vamist and FoxyLady like this.
  5. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

I meant, maybe make shops not be destroyable by players? Because i tried to destroy backwalls and i destroyed a shop by accident

Also the game would be really hard without building - even small defences can be useful, so 1 tree per map would be ok, please dont remove it :(

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

As a compromise for building, you could consider "building kits" that you can unpack on the ground and that just some tiles around them - would be a good way to balance coin use and prevent building from being too cheesy :) up to you ofc, but just an idea.

7. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Crashed again, was on day 19 with @Psiklaw and @popno . Duh.
    Here are the last lines from console:
    Code:
    [07:45:03] CRules Command GameplayEvent not found; add it first in onInit()
    [07:45:13] value: 44.1551 day: 19
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: StrongZombie at (1108,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: VeryStrongSkeleton at (1100,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: StrongZombie at (36,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: VeryStrongSkeleton at (1100,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: VeryStrongZombie at (1084,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: StrongSkeleton at (20,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: VeryStrongZombie at (1092,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: StrongZombie at (1084,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: StrongZombie at (1100,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: ZombieKnight at (1100,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: Zombie at (1100,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: Skeleton at (1100,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: ZombieKnight at (20,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: ZombieKnight at (1092,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: Zombie at (1084,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: Greg at (1108,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: Zombie at (36,556)
    [07:45:13] TODO: spawn zombie: Skeleton at (1084,556)
    [07:45:21] SS: false
    [07:45:28] SS: false
    [07:45:29] SS: false
    [07:45:41] CRules Command GameplayEvent not found; add it first in onInit()
    [07:47:02] Player Bunnie left the game (players left 2)
    [07:47:02] Player popno left the game (players left 1)
    [07:47:02] Player Psiklaw left the game (players left 0)
    [07:47:37] NO PLAYERS - SERVER PAUSED (to change this behaviour set /sv_canpause 0
    [07:47:37] Checking if update available

The
    CRules Command GameplayEvent not found; add it first in onInit()
    was in the console a lot.

Vamist likes this.
  8. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

See below response to Geti :)

Thanks, I would like to have buyable structures to fortify your position, but in the mean time, I've just disabled building completely, as at this stage it's way too Op. Zombies are stupid and it's easy to beat them if you dig down. COD Zombies is unforgiving, and I want "KOD Zombies" to be just as, if not more unforgiving :P

The CRules Command is leftover from how I ported over the zombies and doesn't have anything to do with the crash unfortunately. It is somehow related to the amount of blobs that spawn I think, though mostly speculation at this stage. IF you play as intended, with the guns I've put in, it should keep it pretty stable but like I said, this is something I won't be able to fix sadly. Maybe I'll see how Amp is doing his guns for future wars and see if he'll share his code with me :)

All that aside, loving the feedback, glad you're having fun with it <3

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

(to fix the gameplay event stuff, #include "GameplayEvents.as" in Zombies.as or whatever, and stick SetupGameplayEvents(this) it in your rules onInit)

kaizokuroof likes this.
  10. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Would you mind me hosting this ? :3

11. Geti

I think the intent is for people to host it if they want to :) @kaizokuroof has always been pretty sharing

12. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

in general you can assume that everything that is in public resources are allowed to be used unless it says otherwise

Geti likes this.
  13. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Well to bad that it doesn´t work anymore uwu

14. Geti

If you give us more info on what "doesn't work" we can probably help get it working again, fwiw.