1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Gold Tutorial - The basics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arthur, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Arthur

Arthur Guest

Hello everyone, when I first joined this wonderful hidden indie game I had absolutely no idea how to play! Granted on the wiki theres a chart but that just wasn't enough so it took me about an hour to figure things out. To prevent confusion to other newbies i've made a tutorial that covers the basic objectives of the game and how to play. I cover classes, controls, teams and other useful basics. Currently I see no "Media" button, so you'll have to click the link to view the video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7LieMSZRms&feature=channel_video_title

Also, when you click it it will redirect this tab. If your using windows you can hold shift and click it so it will open on a new window.
    Thanks for reading/watching!

-Bentley

2. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Ah, good to have more videos coming in.

If you don't mind, I'd like to add this to the video section of KAG Community, crediting it to you of course :)

3. Arthur

Arthur Guest

Yeah sure, that would be great! Glad I could help.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Glad to see someone documenting tutorials past what I made, which is about 30 builds too old now :P Good job.

5. Arthur

Arthur Guest

I didn't even see what you made, sorry.

6. Neat

It doesn't matter because it's well old and all the controls (well most of them) have changed now.

7. Shadlington

Neat, we should get some of the folks that have been filming with czubai together and make an updated version when the new fight mechanics have settled a bit :)

8. Neat

Sounds like a good idea :D but I wouldn't detract from what this guy has done either.

9. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

I'd be willing to record some stuff too, I've got a relatively fast computer with FRAPS and 750 GB open :D

10. Shadlington

Oh aye, he's done a good video.
    But another one will be needed... and then another and then another... Until the game's mechanics are fairly static.

And collective filming sessions seem to be a pretty effective way to keep a video concise.
    "Hey, we're going to demonstrate mechanic X today, so everyone, get in positions..."

Maybe we could form up a kag tutorial film crew.
    We could make a list of all the game components that need explaining, film a bit for each of them, and then only update the changed ones each build so that its always up-to-date.

11. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

I'm in. :) Though you gotta give me 10 days to come back.

Recording equals 'camera operating' and at least compressing the footage properly. Preferably editing the video and adding the voiceover as well (if we're gonna do one). Uploading/downloading footage is tedious. It's more than having the tools, are you up to that?

12. t0rchic

t0rchic Drill Rusher

Oh... I can't do voiceover. I can do editing and the like though, and I can compress video as well.

13. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Voiceover is the least of a problem, since you can upload the video in it's final form for the voice guy to work on. Anyways, I think text (chat) would be better. It's easier to understand for non-native english speakers. You get my secret stamp of approval. I hope you guys won't make me miss too much though. ;p

14. MK_242

MK_242 Guest

I thank you very much kind sir! That should at least get me patched up with this game. I was rather struggling with the learning curve at first (I was building a lot of ladders) Perhaps an in-game tutorial that explains the game mechanics and basics would do. For the rest it looks like an enjoyable game to play.

Again, thanks ;)

15. Neat

I can do all of that, except that I do my voice stuff during the actual video. So long as I say what I want to say when everyone does the right actions, I can edit out the stuff we failed to do AND most of my own speech that isn't meant to be in the video. So I can record too.

16. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

I'd rather do it in a more proffesional manner, not a casual 'let's play' quality vid. Tutorials need to be 100% comprehensive and organised IMO.

17. Neat

If you want to record the tutorial from your pc like that, that's fine, but the video I record on my fraps will be going on my youtube channel, so you can take it or leave it. I don't understand how to do voice-over and I have voice recording already set up, so i'd much rather do that.

18. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

We could set up a private server and start with the basics then lead up from that, I'd be willing to help in-game but I've got no recording equipment as of yet (Recently moved house so...)

19. Shadlington

20. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

I may upload some arrow ladder videos :P