1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. TheCrusader

TheCrusader Shopkeep Stealer

I like the way people get crazy and mad when they get banned, and they don't understand why.(Its only a server big deal, its not the end of the world :P)
    READ THE RULES ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THIS THREAD!

Ramsis likes this.
  2. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

What is the password to the server?.

3. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

First of all... Ramsis... yesterday when you logged on? You jumped on my head with out even knowing as to why I as arguing OOCly with Wids and Viking and then it turned out that my reasons were very much legit, even though you didn't even bother hearing me out and just jumped at my throat until both Wids and Viking explained aswell. Giving me a warning despite not knowing the reason as to why when I was trying to fix the whole spawn killing tent glitch incident doesn't exactly show how good of admin you truly are... maybe I'm severe with the rules but you showed to lack tolerance to my methods... you're not exactly better then me in that regard.

After the whole fiasco between orcs and dwarves where it ended up with two orcs being spawn killed by the dwarves constantly because of the glitchy outpost, I finally took it to ask Viking to retreat because it was literally no fun and offered zero RP, plus one of the new players that ended up spawning there was getting killed aswell despite not having anything to do with the war. The two orcs couldn't do anything about it. Then they finally retreat and people can go back to RPing and building, I try to explain... but you arrive...

Calling me a downer, telling me to blow it out of my ass even after I explain the situation... you're the type that seems to turn a blind eye except to the most blatantly obvious of rule breakers.

Also... just to clarify something and see who's really talking out of their ass...

never seen that happened and I've never banned people for such a thing, most actually are decent enough to apologise and move on. even I had guys jump on my head, I RPed non-violently and moved on.

That is probably the worst kind of example you could give. Again I've never banned anyone for such a thing because most of the time such things occur during war time.

Funny enough, despite my warning I never actually banned a person for doing this and I only warned that I would ban those that continue to insult others and rage constantly from getting killed because of a war or get spawn killed or start to cuss OOCly. Even so I drew attention to this when people actually showed really no interest in RP and just rage or simply swear a mountain of joy.

Funny about that... that's what I was trying to solve last night between the orcs and dwarves... until you came in and the rest I wrote above.

Ramsis... In all honesty... I've seen you turn a blind eye more then once. You may think I'm a downer but I think you're just as tolerant as me when you encounter things you dislike. The only difference between you and me is that I'm willing to warn and enforce the rules when players get out of line and are causing more trouble then it's worth and I attempt to solve such problems... you just go for the blatantly obvious ones and turn a blind eye to the rest.

Also... just to be clear on the subject... I think I only banned 2-3 people so far... *gasp*... shocking, hmm? And those we're actually the type of knuckleheads that ran around, no RP and just killing... while I kept warning those that started doing things they shouldn't. I guess that really does make me a bad admin, hmm?

Or maybe... just maybe...

You jump at my throat with out letting me explain simply because you don't like it that I warn and attempt to enforce the rules when needed.

Or maybe you don't like my guts... which I have to say... at the moment, the feeling is mutual.

I have more tolerance then you think Ramsis reason why I still warn and try to help improve RP before actually banning people.

4. Nananas

Nananas Bison Rider

Oh boy ... not again ...:eek:
    its: "lookinthefirstpostofthisthreadanddontforgettoreadtherules"
    not that hard, is it? :rollseyes:

Edit: damn too late :3

5. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

I do not want all that shit just the password.

6. Mr_Henki

Mr_Henki Shark Slayer

I want to send a report about DIGGA again, because none of the admins answered, he griefs the server all the time and change team when with want to votekick him, i always play as a dwarf so i`ve only saw him destroying our dwarf base(he was in dwarf team),he always attacks without a reason.

ADMINS, its a golden server but you cant ban a stereotype griefer?What is wrong with you?

!!!GUYS, please confirm my words if you saw him griefing too, because i am really pissed off about a server with 1247612487admins, that cant ban 1 griefer, which does his job every day on the same server!

Are the admins blind?There is a log about people collapsing stuff, but the admins just run around yelling "WHO DID THAT?"
    </br>--- merged: Aug 14, 2012 10:44 AM ---</br>
    The password is KARPS = King Arthurs Role-Play Server

-Grey- and Ej like this.
  7. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

And people wonder why so many don't even know the most basic of rules on this server and go trigger happy.

The server is not like most other KAG servers, the rules are different and there to provide feed-back on what you can and can't do and to further avoid inconveniences. It's not hard to atleast read the rules. Subtle hint. Maybe the password is somewhere in the rules section? Because those are the ones that matter the most to be read and understood?

If people have so little tolerance to reading that then I'd say my tolerance towards those that break the rules simply because they don't want or don't care or are simply lazy, is justified if you ask me.

8. Nefrylion

Nefrylion Shopkeep Stealer

maybe i'm crazy... but when i try to connect now i'm disconnect when i see team menu :(

9. Gunnar

Gunnar Catapult Fodder

I was playing as a Dwarf, and Shadington was there. He repeatedly called us Dwarves "Nazi Dwarves" and proceeded to torture me in my own home for literally hours.

10. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

This was so i could see what was happening without going into spectator mode because i wanted to keep my resources and such

11. Mr_Henki

Mr_Henki Shark Slayer

Yes i was playing there too and shadington was yelling "NAZI DWARFS" "NAZI DWARF IS ALWAYS A NAZI DWARF".

Ramsis, Shadlington and Ej like this.
  12. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

But the biggest complaint Rae is the fact that you don't shut up and watch, anyone who looks at the server logs sees major walls of text of you warning/threatening people. Same for you Potato, if the incident is really that bad then I expect it to be an instant solve, freeze, threaten, wait, ?????, profit. Not you guys doing your "WELL THIS IS THE PROBLEM AND THIS IS HOW IT NEEDS TO BE SOLVED," "I TOLD YOU TO DO THIS," "*EXTRA WARNING BLAH BLAH BLAH*" "*MORE EXTRA WARNING BLAH BLAH BLAH*" <--- not how you solve things in a proper manner. If we have a problem, we don't, A: GO NUTS, B: Dawdle around the incident, or C: Shove match with the problem causers. I'll admit Rae, I was in a weird mood last night due to reasons I'm not going to mention, and yeah I kinda jumped the Sharcrave so sorry for that, though I do expect to see some more friendly changes in the Admininining area. Less time spent in spectator poking things, more time playing and handling problems while you play.

13. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

I freeze people, explain what they did wrong then give them a warning and ask if they understand and if they repeat 2 more warning later a 10 min / hour ban

14. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Ramsis your arrogant atitude for self-proclaiming yourself lead admin didn't exactly help me see you in a favorable light either. And yes I try to explain so people understand what they did wrong because most don't seem to understand why they get kicked or frozen.

RP isn't exactly easy and I understand that, reason why I sit and explain instead of banning like some players seem to be enjoy killing. I am friendly when needed and I constantly try to warn player that might not have read the rules... also the times I ended up explaining and prolonging the warning and explanations were aimed at players who still thought they we're in the right even though they weren't aware of what they did wrong, which also we're half a dozen cases at most... the one with Wids and Viking being one of them. Would you prefer if I simply banned them and spare everyone of the explanations as to my reasons for banning him? That seems less friendly wouldn't it?

15. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Have fun watching the 'END OF THE WORLD, KNOW TO RP GUYYSS!'

Zee is destroying every building, killing some people. We don't really see that in the video but we can see he is using the editor for no reasons. I already know what he will say, 'I was going to change the map' but he did that during a long time. Players can play during the time he is doing shit like that.

16. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

Zee made it very clear that if the elven tree was destroyed (which it was) that the world would end, obviously there are the few rp spoil sports that decided that the admin was using editor to make the 'end of the world' scenario convincing but instead said that the admin was abusing his powers despite plenty of warning what would happened if the tree got broken

17. WarrFork

And what is the utility of that ? Only the admin have fun with this.

18. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

It was a Rp scenario and the players online were told they had to make a golden gate/portal to stop it, but no most just complained about stuff been broken even though it followed a systematic pattern that was easily avoidable and allowed people do stop 'the world from ending'

19. WarrFork

What a nice scenario. We can't see everything in the chat. Alot is speaking and if something important is said, we cannot really see it.

20. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

How else can we communicate then when the chat is spammed by people complaining and the players who were Rping were ignored by others from what i watched

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.