1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Role-Playing Server

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by VanHuek, Aug 5, 2012.

?

Is this a good idea and would you like it put into action?

1. Yes

90.7%
  2. No

9.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Not yet, still trying to make this work... will tell you when I manage.

Until then best to stick with the current one for testing.

2. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

All i need is that server's map little smaller then i can join :( RP is my life :QQ:

Gofio likes this.
  3. Viking176

Viking176 Shipwright

:O Thanks potato, first time I've been on the forums in forever. And to be honest with you I'm training for admin on that as I already am one on the other server van owns. Although I can't join alot because the computer I use alot is crap :QQ:, I think that I can't run it because of the amount of people on it and the height, if anyone could tell van to lower the height by around 200 blocks I'd appreciate it.

4. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

You really need more moderators on it. I played and its fun but then someasshole comes and fucks everything up.

If your looking for mods id love to help out

5. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

this really is the best server ever,
    but I have a few things to point out:
    quite a lot of people have not read the rules thorougly.
    some others simply ignore them.
    I actually swear a lot, which is pretty bad,
    but more important, some people refuse to stay neutral after a new map,
    some keep spawnkilling, some kill allies, and get mad when they fight back,
    some dont use (( )) for OOC, and, most importantly, some try to capture shadlinorc in a stone box. ((lol))
    as soon as there is no mod or admin online, no one cares about the rules!
    also, people complain about me, elf, being violent, while they keep attacking my trees!
    are elves supposed to remain calm when you kill their forrests? I think not.
    however, there are people like shad, starsoccer, and many others, that actually play very well,
    star even tried to become a human carpenter in the elven village, while shad insisted to use "orc smash" as his one and only sentence.
    you have to assign some mods to kick those who break the rules!

(and maybe add the rule that the laughing smiley is equal to peace or something, that would be VERY usefull)

starsoccer9 and Dark_Ham like this.
  6. Clost

Clost Arsonist

Thanks to like the server. Sadly, we cant do anything against players who don't read the rules. We are trying to tell them the rules without kicking but they dont listen :QQ:. When we kick someone, he/she make a complain on this thread. We will design some moderators soon I think, dont worry ;). Have fun.

PS : Thanks to players who are REALLY RPing.

starsoccer9 likes this.
  7. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

Van said earlier on the forum that he would change the password when the server is finished beign modded, do you mind changing it earlier to force people to check the forum or maybe he can change it weekly and post the password on his profile

8. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

clost not closet lol. Yea mods are much needed. I actully just saw the server this morning and got addicted and played all day basiclly lol. Me and gofio were im preety sure online almost the whole day. Everything he said is 100% true. Although I was trying to pay someone to lock shad in a box due to him just doing ORC SMASH.

I still had fun but would say that more admins are really needed. This would make the game alot more fun. Most people obey the rules preety well but some ppl just outright go and go against the rules. Hope to play later today or tommarow some more

9. TotalPotato

TotalPotato Haxor
    1. KRPG

On the rules would you mind adding 'No attacking players who are typing' because alot of people are been killed before they can justify why or what they are doing

starsoccer9 likes this.
  10. Madbow

Madbow Horde Gibber

i was on for a few hours and my opinion: when people actually role play its very fun and the races act like races. But it needs more admin control, one human went "rebel" and killed everyone both on his team and the dwarf. Still if your on with some friends its like a less modded Frog's Server

11. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

I agree with this.
    This will force players to actually check the forums! People now aren't even RPing they're just killing randomly which is a slight pain.
    Also have you thought about adding less player spaces? At the moment it seems a little high and so many of them tend to type all at once.

12. Clost

Clost Arsonist

@ TotalPotato : I dunno anything about this, ask Van ;).
    @Dark_Ham : This is a good idea, I'll ask Van.

We'll get much moderators or VIPs but the server is in test right? So dont worry and try to have fun on the server :).

Dark_Ham likes this.
  13. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

that is a good rule aswell. ive been killed multiple times while trying to tell someone that im an ally or friendly.

Also for suggestions for the elves: I personally dont think they need any more impovments. I was a dwarf king and had like 5 knights attack them and we had a long war going on and the archers held their own. It was actully kinda sad. we had a bunch of knights and me as builder and the archers were murdering us

clost: will do. Ill volunteer for mod position. Im a pretty reliable person. Also a good feature/ if possible would be to allow anybody to kick anyone else. multiple times there was a greifier and we all had to switch to blue to kick him

14. Clost

Clost Arsonist

I dont think, some person can abuse with this U_U.

15. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

it probally is possible to abuse it but most features are but when a moderator isnt on its a life saver. when everyone is complaing of a greifer and only 1 team can kick him it kinda sucks

16. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

I so wish I could log on and keep an eye on the said troublemakers but until we figure out why I can't log on, my fellow admins will attempt to enforce the rules.

I already finished the race overviews which will give more insights on what it means to be an elf, dwarf, orc & goblin on this server.

Also... I wish to make it clear to all players who log on to this server.

Read the rules or don't bother login in. I mean it. :>:(:

Those rules are considered 'idiot proof' so any excuses such as "But I didn't know!" or "Didn't get to read them!" or "I didn't understand!" will not save your ass from a ban. If you are not sure if you can or cannot do something then ask an Admin first.

Of course... at the moment, there is very little info regarding the races so it's understandable if some players RP orcs just to kill people for giggles since they might not know how else to RP them but once the race overviews are added players are expected to read them and RP their race accordingly. Of course the race overview will be a guideline for players, it doesn't mean that all dwarves or all elves are generic and expected to act the same but... any elf that would allow a forest to be desecrated ~will~ be looked down upon by his kin, probably even banished for allowing that which elves consider sacred to die. Sames goes for a dwarf who tries to summon undead, they might actually be considered traitors or crazy by their kin and even killed! :eek: Or a human bandit who robes other people. Yes evil humans exist but there are still laws and a community of humans under the King are expected to follow the laws of the land so be ready to be labeled as a bandit if you commit such treachery. (Hmm... maybe I should add a bandit faction later... food for though I guess...)

If an elf witnesses some human, dwarf, orc or goblin cutting their sacred groves then I'd expect the said perpetrator to look like a pin cushion in the new few seconds.

Trees are very sacred for elves, of course how an elf deals with the 'defilers' is up to them. Some might warn them, other will simply shoot while shouting "Stop defiling our sacred groves!" while some who might be more in to RP might hide in a tree and start going : *makes ghost noises to make it sound as if the forest is haunted* in hopes of scaring off the defilers of the forest. ;)

Conflict is inevitable on this server, conflict is actually part of the RP but ~only~ if you have a good IC reason like the one with the elf and his forest getting chopped down.

Again, once the race overviews are added players will have a bit more insight on their race and hopefully people will understand what the server is all about.:)

TheGrimReaper and Dark_Ham like this.
  17. Clost

Clost Arsonist

I understand your feelings but non mature persons should abuse with this power.

Thanks Rae to work so hard on this server, you are not admin for nothing :).

18. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

What is happening that you cant logon? Does it give an error or just kick you off? Also is the server hosted at your house or from a dedicated machine in some server warehouse lol

edit: also i guess i could ask now but if i was a dwarf would i be allowed to build a house in the elfs forest if they allowed me. For example in a couple games i just made a house in the forest and would help out the elfs and make stone forletting me live their.

19. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

Sadly the server seems down. I mostly play Dwarf myself, it gives me the ability to build bases not just for my faction but for everyone. Last time the server was up, should of been an hour ago or so, I made an outpost a good 100 blocks from the dwarf mountain entrance, fortified it, but then made an underground pass so the others could go through it without it causing any problems. I swear, if there was a neutral faction I'd totally join it.

I think Dwarves should be able to mine faster once we get scripting.

Had this one guy close by, think he was a human, Blue = Human's? Idk, anyways, anytime a blue soldier would come by they tried to kill any Dwarves they could see, I'd wait for them to go under my base, I'd hop through my faction-friendly door and give the human builder some stone and what not so he could reinforce, eventually I guess he talked to the soldiers and they would ignore me completely. It was quite nice.

starsoccer9 likes this.
  20. starsoccer9

starsoccer9 Bison Rider

nuetral fraction would be cool, or even just a basiclly be by yourself fraction. I personally loved being in the forest helping the elves but lots of times i was shot for being a dwarf and id have to explain why i was here to this new guy who just joined

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.