1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Knight Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkipTheMercenary, Oct 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SkipTheMercenary

SkipTheMercenary Catapult Fodder

Now you're probably thinking: "Oh just look at a guide" or something around that. Been there done that and it just don't work. I've had the game for two years and I've only gotten a speck better, but thats if my internet wants to work.

So, just blatantly asking: How do I get better at Knight?
    I've done different classes and I play a good bit of builder, but that can be boring sometimes. Any tips appreciated.

Blubahub and Biurza like this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Note that the slash hitbox is larger than what it looks like in the sprites; note that the slash provokes a slight boost, try to be jumping timing that. Also, try not to do what's expected, most of the Knights won't know what to do if you don't let them trick you. Perhaps, just try not to attack if you don't have advantage.

3. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Practice makes perfect.
    Play 312983912839128 games with top tier knights and you'll get better.
    Simply saying that you'd like to 1v1 in #matchmaking on discord should do it.

Blubahub likes this.
  4. I'm honestly just skillful at these types of games - right off the bat of playing KAG, I was getting tons of kills in TDM (CTF too, but more stupid deaths).

One thing I've noticed, that if you're really getting destroyed by other knights in KAG, it is typically because they bait you. That is, they slash while jumping forward at you (hitting your shield), then hop back, and naturally, you do the same thing back at them. The problem is, that while he was jumping back (and you weren't charging your slash), that enemy knight has been charging, so in the end, the enemy cuts you down JUST as your about to unleash your fury. :C

So, don't fall for it! Also, you might want to try this on less-skilled players, once you don't get killed a lot by such baiting anymore.

But that's just two cents that I can think of at the moment...

jonipro and SkipTheMercenary like this.
  5. SkipTheMercenary

SkipTheMercenary Catapult Fodder

Yes, this is EXACTLY (almost) the thing that always happens to me, then when stuff starts getting frustrating, I tell myself I'm learning, but it's starting to not work (especially because of my internet).

Blubahub likes this.
  6. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Try to work with your environment. For example, you are in a 1v3 situation, inside their base. Look for places where you can stand or move into to only open yourself up to one attack at a time.
    Don't go walking into a fight thinking you can take people, wait for them to mess up. Say you're in a 1v1, you can wait till they commit and just jump back then counter slash. You could also start baiting, getting them to over commit.
    In pub games, try to play with your team, even bait for them. Let you trade a slash to the face for your teammate to get a double kill.
    Try to get movement down pat, make sure you can easily move up and around ledges and quickly transition between shield sliding and fighting. For if you can move away, there is no need to shield.
    If you die, work out why you died and what you realistically could have done to save yourself.

Otherwise just practice and enjoy yourself, you don't need a KD to have fun. :thumbs_up:

Blubahub and epsilon like this.
  8. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

Don't feel bad about it man i been playing for 6 and a bit years now, and i gotta say i was very bad for the entire first half it really does just take practice, alot of practice. that being said the guides really do help even as a vet i find myself reading them every once and i while, it's good to refresh yourself up on some of the more obscure moves, i recommend watching all of The_Osz's guide video's, you can also check out jack treehorn gaming for some older guides, and of course the compendiums. apart from that pretty much just do what Ehra already recommended, try to get as comfortable as you can with the in game mechanics and you will be stomping in no time, also understand that because of the aforementioned latency issues the combat will never be flawless you just have to try and work around the lag, once again it really does just take practice.

On the other hand it could be a performance issue that is causing you to lag and die, that topic is quite meaty tho and i don't really wanna type out a whole page,so i recommend having a look at the thread "How to get the best performance in KAG" i have a few posts there myself about how i get the most out of my CPU for KAG

Blubahub likes this.