1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Knight Or Archer, Which Do You Prefer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by funnymonkey, Nov 25, 2012.

?

Knight Or Archer (Or Builder), Which Do You Prefer?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2020.
  1. Knight!

61.3%
  2. Archer!

50.8%
  3. Builder!

9.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I don't hate archers, in the same way I don't hate knights. They're both highly useful in the hands of a skilled person, its just that an unskilled archer is more irritating to the enemy than an unskilled knight; one is a relatively easily killed bloke who runs in to be slaughtered, increasing convenience, whilst the other takes a little more effort to remove.

Arcite, FuzzyBlueBaron and Gofio like this.
  2. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

I wish more people would play offensive archer :(

AAAND that, is the reason there's spammers: nooby archers who refuse to play knight will resort to the last available noobyness:
    arrowspam.

LetsplayCmansez likes this.
  3. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

I love being an offensive archer ;).

Gofio likes this.
  4. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

all aplaude for one miracle of God, sent by Jesus, praised by the holy maiden Maria: an offensive, nonspam, archer.
    Amen.

5. Hella

That's not a good point. Why should an archer who you feel is a 'noob' have to play knight just because you feel they are being too effective against you. Spamming arrows is a perfectly valid tactic; granted, it can be irritating, but as it isn't the only option, some servers choose to limit the effectiveness of it, which works brilliantly in a lot of cases.

Being a knight isn't the only way to improve at the game. People get angry at good archers, and you only get good archers if they have the opportunity to practice by being a 'noob' archer beforehand. If you want skilled archers, then don't get pissed when the less skilled archers are learning. I'm sure everyone will agree that players who are supposedly less skilled, or even just occupy a different mindset to yourself can be highly irritating, because they aren't doing what you feel you would do in their position! Just because this happens doesn't allow it to become good reasoning in against archers.

6. Closkey77

Closkey77 Catapult Fodder

I picked Archer because im not a in your face guy i like ranged but its a opinion

Gofio and Hella like this.
  7. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

sorry,
    what I meant, was that some (<-- SOME!!!!) peole are all like: "OH NOEZE! no sniperz! Imma play archerz! oh noeze! I am not very good at archer! I will spam, annoying my own team, the enemies, and making the public opinion about archers drop to a minimum!"
    of course, there are some people who learn how to play archer effectively without spamming arrows,
    but still, a lot of them take a lot of time to do so.

I do get your point though: new people are like seeds:
    stupid little things, that can eventually grow into a flower.
    still, I can trample the flower, which means that we need better seeds.
    those seeds, however are rare.
    some seeds don't even get how to become a flower, and die.
    my point? we need acorns. now. I want trees.

well.. after reading my own words, I suppose you are right.
    noobs may become non-noobs...

Closkey77 likes this.
  8. Closkey77

Closkey77 Catapult Fodder

Most of these noobs come from the beloved Call of duty. Little kids downloading kag thinking they can no scope with a bow and arrow thats about 70% of the problem

9. Hella

Because that is the exact thought process behind some of the people who play archer when they aren't as skilled at the game? Gofio, that's just prejudice getting in the way of a sensible point. If someone is defending my base, I don't particularly care how they do it, as long as they do it well. Skill level is irrelevant, and I would happily give tips to help your 'seeds' to grow into a flower; as you say, having people trample on them whilst they are trying to grow is stupid, so, if you care so much about getting decent archers, don't trample on those seeds, you fool. It's obvious that some people have more potential than others, but that doesn't excuse the act of crushing the chances of players trying to learn, even if they might not flourish in quite the flamboyant way the others might.

I like to think that I have learnt to play archer effectively, particularly after having played this game for considerably more than a year, and rapidly firing arrows can be highly useful. If you don't learn to do it, then you are missing a valuable tool in your arsenal. Have you ever played an offensive archer trying to fight against a knight?

I'm afraid I can't agree with this. It's such a gross generalisation that it loses all meaning; how can you prove that most of them literally come from playing Call of Duty? If a game is new to a person, then of course they aren't going to understand exactly how to play it, because they've never played it before.

Anyways, this is probably at least beginning to detract from this threads purpose, so we can continue talking in a pm if you'd like, although there are plenty of threads essentially saying "Wahhh, arrowspam iz shit".

Villekille707 likes this.
  10. Hilariously enough, Mr. Realpr0@aPEGI4game, CoD is a legit tourney game which could aspire to an e-sport while KAG is a no-skill requiring side scroller which only bookmark's sister is unable to play.

Contrary likes this.
  11. Bioautomaton

Bioautomaton Mysterious Man/Machine Donator

I play Knight primarily - I like the versatility, and oh man do I miss my shield when I'm another class. So many uses...

Offensive archer, you say? Archers are incredibly offensive! Stop shooting me in the back! I'm trying to kill your teammates! :>:(:
    :spam::knight: :dance:

FuzzyBlueBaron, Gofio and Hella like this.
  12. CoughDrop

CoughDrop KAG Guard Tester

You obviously have yet to experience a 420° No-Scope Quiver Dump Rainbow Delux

rocker2 likes this.
  13. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

I usually, don't spam, I try to aim in hitting running knights, archers, builders, the only time I ever spam is when I can't see where the enemy in the corner of your screen. The why archers don't move out so much with knights, since they learn fast they'll get shield bashed, and R*ped to death by hordes of knights.

14. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

i'd choose archer because while it's true that knights can kill easier, there's no way that a couple of knights could survive a massive barrage of fully charged arrows that a force of archers working together

15. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

really: the only problem I have with arrowspam, is that it is used in dumb ways,
    which makes a lot of people hate archers.
    there are archer restrictions on some servers because of that!!!
    if you use it when its usefull, okay.
    but the noobs I've been talking about just spam arrows right into a knights shield!
    please criticise my message, and criticise it good, because I wont be posting more about it in this thread.

16. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

I wish the Archer class revolved around accuracy, and aiming. :/ But on the server Action[!], the admins have actually, lowered the range of the arrow, and made the arrow fire in a arc, that kind of nerf is enjoyable, since it makes aiming harder and the kills feel better, although they make arrow firing speed faster (like you can spam 2 arrows in the time of a default archer firing 1).

FuzzyBlueBaron and Gofio like this.
  17. Golem

Golem Catapult Fodder

Knight, cause i don't like how the archer charges so slowly. But i guess it would be unbalanced if it would be faster

18. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I pick whatever suits the situation, so I play a little bit of both. When I play as an archer I do a combination of sniper/frontline assistance for the knights.

Gofio likes this.
  19. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

I have to agree. There so anoying.

Gofio likes this.
  20. shadowslay

shadowslay Catapult Fodder

Well, I started to play KAG mainly with archer, sooooooooo I love this class ;)
    In my opinion the archer is a better class then knights because it's challenging, you have less hearts then the others and don't have any phisical attacks, buuuuut if you know how to aim you can make a good damage and make the other team lose lots of units, plus (if you have a certain ability - of course) you can make awesome things like: going to close range with an enemy knight waiting for the time to him stop defending and killing him (if he has few hearts), climbing the enemy's towers which allows you to have a good point of you aaaaaaaaaaaaand allowing you to screw around their base :D, and a bunch of other awesomely awesome tricks that make your enemies go crazy at full rage and make you to get respected in your team.