1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KScript - Server Scripting for KAG Classic

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by master4523, Mar 26, 2013.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

How to connect to a virtualbox server on your own PC?

- Install ssh, and setup it up so you can open up your files with winSCP or Filezilla, and also permit other people to have access if needed. Lets you also use putty, instead of using the VirtualBox terminal which is rather limited with features compared to Putty.

- Go into the virtualbox settings, and find network and switch it from nat to bridged. Go back to your guest machine and setup a static ip.

For how to do the above things regarding changing the ip or installing SSH, just google and you will find plenty of resources. If you have no experience with networking I'd suggest purchasing a server through a hoster.

2. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I was on about connecting to the server itself, not connecting kScript to it. Pointless setting up kScript for the server if I can't even join it ;o

3. Coookie

Coookie Shopkeep Stealer

4. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

You have to setup the network setting in virtualbox first, I am assuming you haven't changed the network setting from nat to bridged yet so there lays your problem.

5. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

6. jammer312

jammer312 Bison Rider Tester

Trying to run KScript at Cloud9(l want it to run day-and-night)(like SnIcKeRs)
    then it prints next:
    Code:
    $ sh Kscript/kscript.sh                                                                                                                                                                     

/var/lib/stickshift/5167e8924382ec7fd20001ac/app-root/data/471063/Kscript/data/node_modules/coffee-script/lib/coffee-script/nodes.js:2081                                                                                       
    });                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    ^                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

module.js:437                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
      var compiledWrapper = runInThisContext(wrapper, filename, true);                                                                                                                                                               
                            ^                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    SyntaxError: Unexpected token }                                                                                                                                                                                                 
        at Module._compile (module.js:437:25)                                                                                                                                                                                       
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:467:10)                                                                                                                                                                         
        at Module.load (module.js:356:32)                                                                                                                                                                                           
        at Function.Module._load (module.js:312:12)                                                                                                                                                                                 
        at Module.require (module.js:362:17)                                                                                                                                                                                         
        at require (module.js:378:17)                                                                                                                                                                                               
        at Object.<anonymous> (/var/lib/stickshift/5167e8924382ec7fd20001ac/app-root/data/471063/Kscript/data/node_modules/coffee-script/lib/coffee-script/coffee-script.js:169:15)                                                 
        at Object.<anonymous> (/var/lib/stickshift/5167e8924382ec7fd20001ac/app-root/data/471063/Kscript/data/node_modules/coffee-script/lib/coffee-script/coffee-script.js:171:4)                                                   
        at Module._compile (module.js:449:26)                                                                                                                                                                                       
        at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:467:10)                                                                                                                                                                            
    Why it prints it? while i launch it on my debian ubuntu all OK.

7. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

Eh, dunno what you meant about the SSH thing, but the others worked OK.

Now to actually use kScript, heh.

8. Coookie

Coookie Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks, oh and another question, can you give me a list of all ks. [services] ? (players, events ect...)

9. SnIcKeRs

SnIcKeRs Bison Rider

OMG. Never use wubi. It is very buggy way. It installs Linux on ntfs (not naitive file system for linux) then you have many troubles.Never do that.
    Ubuntu can see ntfs, but Windows can't see linux's ext3/4. Windows` viruses dont work in Linux and they can't effect on Windows from linux.

P.S. Ubuntu uefi

10. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Moved total dedicatedserver.sh not found discussion to new topic. Please stay ontopic. Server problems are not discussed here, only problems with kscript.

11. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Alright, I've updated the links on the first post.
    I'm also migrating KScript to github, here's the link: https://github.com/master4523/kscript
    Github lets you report issues and suggest fixes.

Cpa3y and FranticIch like this.
  12. Meh, i think that the license.md should say: Do whatever the fuck you want.

13. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

how about joining irc so we can stop crying because we miss 'ur beauty and sunshine'

14. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

15. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

16. c415

c415 Shark Slayer

Hey master, my server is now using KScript! ;)
    Also, it's really amazing, nice job :thumbs_up:

master4523 likes this.
  17. Ramblurr

Ramblurr Catapult Fodder

Does KScript work with the latest Beta?

18. miniu

miniu Haxor

Kscript is for classic. Modding in beta is too easy for kscript i guess.

19. Ramblurr

Ramblurr Catapult Fodder

What do you mean it's "too easy"?

20. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

KScript became totally pointless on Beta ( I'm not even sure it works with it ). The new modding system makes this much easier, much more powerful and haves 10x ( or 100x, don't know ) more functions. Also it should be less CPU using and you have only to care about your KAG server, not both.

miniu likes this.
Mods: Downburst, Mazey