1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KSCT - Tool to edit server, game modes and bla!

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by JacKD, Apr 17, 2012.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

I was reading some posts on the game modes and people asked about how to edit the files.
    The KAG Server Configuration Tool (KSCT) lets you do this easily!

The app was based on the code from Maqq and extended by me to be able to edit game modes, teams, classes and more in the future.

NEW VERSION!

Download from: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65858755/KAGServerConfigTool/KAG_Server_Config_Tool.zip
    or let it auto-update!

*How To Use *
    Extract the contents of the zip file to your KAG (or KAG server) folder
    On Windows start the app double clicking the file KAGServer.exe
    On Linux start the app executing the RunKAGServerCT.sh script on a terminal window
    On Mac OS X, try the same as in Linux and let me know if it works
    Hit F1 for help! (on Windows at least)

*Latest Changes *
    15/09/2012
    -Fixed: check for team number when creating a team
    -Fixed: missing map formats from map selection dialog
    -Fixed: decimal step for faster deltas
    -Added: can shield bash GUI option
    -Added: can glide when bombjumping GUI option
    -Added: bomb jump scale factor GUI option
    -Added: fall damage threshold GUI option
    -Added: in game autobalance GUI option
    -Removed: output redirection. Caused more problems than it solved.
    * Known Issues *
    -Linux/Mac: The application won't close after updating (has to be closed manually)
    -No default configuration for any of the classes (they must be configured manually)

2. unclearimage

unclearimage Builder Stabber

I love your tool unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a guide or wiki- I've gotten everything set up but when I run the server and join it just sits there saying "waiting for server to generate map" and nothing happens... I can't spawn or play.

I only had 1 team, tried to make a sandbox mode, with a worker with unlimited resources- it didn't work =S

3. JacKD

Mmmmmm, I don't really know what could be wrong. If you press F1 you get a help file with info to setup a zombie server.
    I've attached a working vanilla sandbox configuration for the app, download it, unzip it and then open it from the app.

You can then modify stuff to make it suit your needs.

Attached Files:

4. unclearimage

It doesn't let me edit game mode once I load your server file. Says "wasn't made with this program" and then opens a blank game editor window.
    Also, when I hit F1 for help it doesn't display anything, it just says "page failed to load" on the right side of the help box.

5. JacKD

This one uses the default sandbox, so yeah, you can't actually edit it with the tool.
    About the help file, make sure the file is in the same path with the app (download again and unzip all to the kag folder)

What did you have in the map cycle when you tried making your own sandbox gamemode? Try using a png file instead of a generator.

6. unclearimage

I only loaded the png, and made 2-3 custom maps and it weren't working with my server. Honestly I wanted a unlimited resource/ Gold Account buildables (like in Zombie Fortress) server that I could build a giant sexy castle in.

7. 00crossfire

00crossfire Shopkeep Stealer

i made a gamemode and it worked and made class it was all working intel i when start sever and it would go somethings went wrone i'll try agian and i would blinck black and the black sever box flashed as it turn off and on the sever box??? :(
    </br>--- merged: Oct 20, 2012 2:09 AM ---</br>
    THE SEVER IS BEGGING THE SEVER HAS BEEN STOP THE SEVER IS BEGGING THE SEVER IS BEEN STOP OVER AND OVER AND I JUST SIT THERE AND WATCH IT BLINK OVER AND OVER AGIAN :huh?:

8. JacKD

Probably you are using the port already, try changing it to 50302

9. 00crossfire

same thing happens what port now i test them and it says it is suciful

dose it work for any one this sever?
    </br>--- merged: Oct 21, 2012 10:23 AM ---</br>
    :(

10. JacKD

Close any instance of the game and try. Also, try using the dedicatedserver.bat file that comes with KAG. If that one fails, then there's a problem with your configuration.

11. 00crossfire

ok do that and umm i got a black window with all that working so now do i have a sever or what???:huh?:

12. JacKD

Check the server list :P
    When you try to create the server using the app, did you add any .kag maps to the map cycle?

13. 00crossfire

yes and it still no work and your app looked cool and easy :(

14. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I followed your instructions for Linux:
    Code:
    ./RunKAGServerCT.sh
    chmod: cannot access `KAGdedi': No such file or directory
    The assembly mscorlib.dll was not found or could not be loaded.
    It should have been installed in the `/usr/lib/mono/2.0/mscorlib.dll' directory.

15. 00crossfire

umm yes about that i figgerd out how to use it and got it work fine the problem is my friends are trying to join but it can't mind?!:(
    </br>--- merged: Oct 24, 2012 4:31 AM ---</br>
    does any one else have problems with this sever app?!:huh?:

16. JacKD

Did you download the Linux Dedicated Server? I think I forgot to add that you need to have that installed and not just the game.

If your friends can't join then you probably have a problem with your firewall/router configuration. You have to forward port 50328/UDp and 5030X/UDP, where X can is a number from 0-9 that you are using for your server e.g. 50302/UDP.

17. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

Ah. That is an important detail. :D

JacKD likes this.
  18. JacKD

Tell me if that was the problem so I can update the instructions please :P

19. 00crossfire

does that mean i have to change my port???

20. JacKD

You need to forward your ports in order to run a KAG server. Use google to get more info about that.