1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

LAN/Network Server Idea/Thing

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Froghead48, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I have an idea, but i dont know if it could be worked it. i play kag on a.... Forgot the Word..... Network thats it! i dotn feel like making a server, but i want to play me and my brother against knights in sword fight. so could there ever be a possibility that, when you start "SwordFight", if your connected to the internet, you actually "Run" a server just not shown on the server list?so that way, my brother could play on the same matc h as me, but nobody else could unless they had the
    kag:// link thing. wouldnt something like this be cool ? :)

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Moved to help

I'm pretty sure you can do that by creating the server on your own computer and having it lan only, but I'm not sure as I don't make servers. Someone else should be able to help you.

3. Teemo

Teemo T͔̕e͖͚̖̯̩̪͙͝e͡m̖o̤̪͘ Forum Moderator Donator Tester

sv_ip = 192.168.1.xxx or whatever. you can disable public view iirc

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

kag:// link already planned down the road, as well as servers that don't require connection for authentication (hopefully there will be no way for losers to get around paying for zombies grrr).

Not sure how to disable public view (force people to know IP) but I know you can connect via IP and you can also use hamachi, and such to emulate a LAN network and play multiplayer like that if you're into that (why would you be, weirdo).

5. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

ill try that Teemo