1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Last Classic update - build 591

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

You didn't have to because the default value was based on gold only setting. Since I had to release it to everyone I had to choose default value for it. Not having shadows by default was suggested by @master4523 and I agreed to it.

Before all the gold servers by default had shadows and all normal servers had no shadows by default.

Just like all my posts in this thread. This will be enough as a thank you. I'm a likewhore. :D (Not that I cannot just edit my like count in the forum settings...but that's no fun.)

Konfitur, miniu, FranticIch and 6 others like this.
  2. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

Hey Furai.(@Geti @MM @Shadlington)

I want to say how thankful I am for this update! Classic is now like a mini-better-beta version. My favorite patch in this patch is that we have new blocks to play with. I am also very happy that the non-prems can wear heads(much better than the ugly bald head-no offense, Geti-. the demo girl head is OK I guess...). The only sad thing, is that I was making a texture pack, then went to test it, and everything was lost... :C But no worries! C: I have fixed everything and am farther than I was when it vanished! I am stilled banned on some servers(only one, for a reason I know not why), so I'd be happy if that was taken off. It was on Deathrun, btw. If you'd take just a little more time and add a double slash that can be done like in beta?
    That is all. I hope you all have a nice week. Keep up the good work with beta! Don't make it too bad(just kidding)! C;

Yours Truly,
    Hero

Post Scriptum:

Classic was better without shadows.

3. Dialmen

Dialmen Bison Rider

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahahHAHhajhajajhahjahjahjhjajhajhahjahjahjahja
    Good Update.

4. mightofthor

mightofthor It's Hammer Time! Donator

Good man, Furai! ::):

I must echo the words of Abenthy. This has caused my interest to peak once again in Classic! Could never get into Beta, so I'm super glad some attention has been returned to classic!

5. Double Slashing in Classic seems like a turnoff for every new or old player that sucks.But I am thinking if you can, code blowjob-like mod that gives player their own custom head so that it's not straight up overrated in a server/I will try to code with help too so wish me luck :3 Something else to point out in Classic is that Zombie Fortress has alot of mini-bug which the new player are gonna play 24/7 so a tiny tweak will be good for the look.

6. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

Luck wished. C:

7. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Fixed bans and editor hack are much appreciated. The scoreboard fixes are nice too.

8. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

The bans aren't fixed. Still banned. ',:l @Furai

9. @ThE_HeRo - ban are from admin as to Furai does global ban to cheaters pumpkin eater :P You probably got accidentally ban or mess with the policy of the server :P

10. 16th

16th Bison Rider

Wow! Greatest KAG new for years! Thanx, @Furai :thumbs_up:Would be great, if KAG team let @master4523 fix nasty bugs :rollseyes:

PUNK123 likes this.
  11. ThE_HeRo

ThE_HeRo Bison Rider

12. Furai

Ok, finally fixed the installer issues for sure. People who install the game anew shouldn't have missing files in it.

miniu, Noburu and Beo like this.
  13. Now what :D ?

14. felivans

felivans Builder Stabber

since everybody now owns any head, could you add premium special heads? like a wider option for the ones that actually bought the game?

15. Furai

Just play KAG and ditch Classic, will you?

miniu, FuzzyBlueBaron and Auburn like this.
  16. Dialmen

Dialmen Bison Rider

I prefer a new system to submit your own head. Using Imgur API to host heads :)

17. felivans

felivans Builder Stabber

i approve, but idk how hard will it be to implement, maybe create a custom head from specific presets? like eyes, mouth helmets and so forth?

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Why would we ditch the game with the superior gameplay and fun elements? Just because the new engine is... new? It's not like it's literally better in every possible facet, it just now has some one-ups over classic, but classic has its own one-ups.

-Better votekick system
    -Better class balance
    -Structures that last longer
    -Gameplay that's paced consistently and practically never results in stalemates
    -Wall notching
    -Not-useless shield gliding

Etc

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    miniu, 16th and toffie0 like this.
  19. felivans

felivans Builder Stabber

this is drifting away from the useful suggestions like custom heads XD
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 6, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 6, 2014 ---
    is that response for real? from a kag team member? wow.

20. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Alright folks I'd like to suggest sticking to the topic, which is only the latest update. I deleted a couple of posts that were off topic. FBB already said on the first page to watch what you post (that's just one page back, mind you).

Now keep on talking about that update. :heart:

Pizza, miniu, Noburu and 1 other person like this.