1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Laurentiu's Thread

Discussion in 'Other games' started by laurentiu, Jun 6, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

So guess what I found in my email today? I freaking awesome key for Guild Wars 2 beta! I am so excited, subscribe to my gaming youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/gamerlaur/featured and stay tuned because I will surely make a video or two about Guild Wars 2!

2. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

If you have been able to get into the closed beta then you are not allowed to make videos of GW2 under the NDA (non disclousre agreement). This has not been lifted and only a few selected gaming outlets have been given some privileges giving them permission to go against the NDA.

If you are talking about the beta weekends that everyone that has pre-ordered the game gain access to, then you are free to share videos from the game alongside everyone else.

Contrary, justi01 and Wonkyth like this.
  3. laurentiu

Yes, I am talking about the weekend betas.

4. laurentiu

I mentioned that I got a GW2 invite, and now I just finished the nearly 1 hour gameplay preview of Guild Wars 2, and I can tell you its amazing. I am currently uploading the preview on my gaming channel HERE ! I reccomand you to subcribe so you will be notified when the upload will be complete and also from when I am going to release new gameplay previews.

Sorry, that it took so long. Here you go:

</br>--- merged: Jun 11, 2012 4:33 AM ---</br>
    Video is finally up!

5. laurentiu

Some of you seen that I had a spare CS:GO beta, which now is already traded(sorry). At first no one shown any interest, but lately I got alot of friends requests, so I`m sorry to dissapoint you all.

Listen, let`s make a deal, I will reward those unlucky ones not being able to play the game yet, with some closed beta footage and game preview of CS:GO!

***All you have to do is go HERE, on my youtube channel, subscribe, and when I reach +20 subscriber I`ll release the gameplay preview for CS:GO.

Video will also be posted here, so check back regulary!
    </br>--- merged: Jul 12, 2012 10:22 AM ---</br>
    UPDATE:

The gameplay footage of Counter Strike: Global Offensive is actually rendering right now. That means the faster I get to 20+ subscribers, the faster you are going to see the footage! Subscribe.

6. laurentiu

Does anyone here plays DayZ? It`s a survival mod for Arma 2 and its freaking awesome, but keep in mind the mod is currently in alpha stage, so it has a few glitches.

You can check it out at www.dayzmod.com !

This is the preview I did for DayZ, its very informative but I`ve been told my voice is kinda boring, so check it out, then check out some newer videos on my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/gamerlaur?feature=watch . I also make Minecraft Let`s Play episodes so be sure to check them out, you might like them. Also, I would really be grateful if you could subscribe. :thumbs_up:

:)

7. laurentiu

Hey bros. I have a small partnership with Mechanist Games, the guys behind City Of Steam! Basically I will have a small contest over at their forums and there are high changes most of you will get an alpha key.
    City Of Steam is a free2play, browser-based MMORPG, which is, obviously, set in a steam era theme. Which is kinda cool. The game is made in Unity, and for a game made in Unity, it really really looks well even tho the game is in alpha stage. The world details are very well done and the graphics are quite nice too but the game still runs extremly well on browser!

Now about the contest rules, first of all you will have to subscribe to my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/gamerlaur, since I am basically the host for this contest, and check my channel sometime around tommorow when I will release the announcement video for the contest and everything will be set up.

For now, you just have to subscribe and keep on eye on the channel. I will also post the video here but make sure to check the City Of Steam forums at http://forum.cityofsteam.com/! (Don`t worry, a link will be in the video description when everything will be done.

Thanks! [​IMG]

Wonkyth likes this.
  8. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Stickied.
    Tell me when this is no longer applicable. :)

9. laurentiu

As no one of you knows, I have a YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/gamerlaur?feature=watch but of course no one checks it out...Anyway, thanks to a viewer`s suggestion I found and started making a Let`s Play Series of this scary puzzle solving game where you play the role of a little girl which tries to escape from his father, I think. She is helped by her teddy bear, Howard, to solve the interesting and mind-challenging puzzles.

But why bother you with text since you didn`t even read it. Here are the two Let`s Play Episode I made so far for the game, and while you watch then, why not subscribe? I would really appreciate it and you will not regret it!

WHAT? WHAT YOU DO YOU MEAN I DONT GIVE A SHIT??? DO YOU KNOW THAT I PARTNERSHIPPED WITH RAIDERZ-EUROPE TO BRING MY SUBSCRIBERS A SPECIAL GIVEAWAY? NO?:eek:

If you want to download the game, there is a link in the first video`s description.

Enjoy!

10. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

All these threads you are making are getting annoying. I've merged them so you can just put them here. Gonna dish out infractions if I see more. I also better not see you bumping.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  11. laurentiu

Hi again. Don`t know if between you guys lies HunterZ. But I partnershipped again, this time with RaiderZ-Europe, to bring my beautiful subscribers a closed beta giveaway.

The only requirement for participating is subscribing to my channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/gamerlaur?feature=guide . I really don`t want to force you guys, but that`s all I get from this, and I really hope you will also enjoy my videos. You can always leave feedback on there! It`s really appreciated.

But, let`s get to business. What I want you, future-HunterZ, to do, is tell me in a reply in this thread, what feature would you like to see implemented in the game, that being RaiderZ. You can go crazy, but not too much, think creative, think unique, don`t make double entries and the best 13 answers will get, each, a key.

The contest will run for aprox 2 days? If the devs are able to supply me with a little bit more beta keys I will also make the contest longer, but that really depends on their will and if enough people participate.

Good luck to everyone!

PS: If a mod can sticky this again it would be perfect. I had another RaiderZ giveaway a week ago I think in which everyone got a key, but I didn`t know if anyone where would like it.

12. laurentiu

You might think I`m nuts with all these giveaways, but that`s my agitate life, YouTubing and gametesting alot. :)

Now, I got a spare closed beta key. I could easly just leave with it never used, since I am already a beta tester, but I thought someone could really enjoy it. so I made this little contest over at my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/gamerlaur?feature=watch

Another special giveaway! To join you have to subscribe to my channel, like this video and comment on it starting with this sentence:"I wish to join the Firefall giveaway!" then you can add anything you want, but if you don`t start your comment with that sentence, it won`t count.

The winner will be picked when I will reach 200 subscribers, using the site random.org! So be fast!

13. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

How is this not obnoxious marketing?

BlueLuigi likes this.
  14. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

How is this obnoxious?

15. laurentiu

Ah well, I must be very spammy. But it`s ok, I just thought some of you might appreciate this giveaways and such, but it seems it doesn`t so I won`t let you know about my giveaways if you are not interested.

And it`s not really marketing, I don`t really earn any money out of this. :D Maybe subscribers.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 20, 2012 5:36 PM ---</br>
    New video is up. You guys gotta check this out, the game is called Inside, it`s a horror game and it`s damn scary.

16. Contrary

I think Brilly is thinking it's obnoxious because Laurentiu is trying really hard to promote himself, with the "I might give you this beta key- if you like, favourite and subscribe!" and the general "man check out my amazing videos" attitude. Which is already scorned in actually successful Youtubers, but even more so here where judging from the lack of comments no one cares.

Anyways I think this is fairly harmless as long as the spam is kept to a single thread. Maybe someone will actually be helped by this in getting a beta key?

BlueLuigi and Beef like this.
  17. laurentiu

Well, I guess noone actually cares. So I will stop doing this since it`s basically useless, I do try hard to promote myself since I want people to enjoy my videos, as no matter how crappy they may look to some, I still put quite some work in them...Anyway, I guess that`s how every small YouTuber does at the start, but now I slowly start not to be that spammy anymore, let it all be, if possible, I will surely share my channel, if not, that`s it. Who will like it will like it, who won`t, won`t. I want a communtiy of people that appreciate my work afterall, I should have no reason to force them subscribe.

What can I say, every YouTuber had a dirty start with alot of self-promotion, if not, means he had good friends with big channels to help them, I`ll just be the guy that noone knows and starts by his own.

18. Contrary

While being a dirty self promoter or knowing big channels can help, the most important thing is having original high quality content that people want to see. I mean obviously I'm doing little better than you with my channel (though I try to push it a great deal less) but just saying that no matter how much exposure you get you want be successful unless people actually want to watch your videos. IMO you should just lay off the attention whore attitude and just focus on your content for a while. Right now it's just obnoxious and in fact I think it's really turning people off, I've peeked at a few of your videos but I make it a point not to watch new ones because of the way you present them.

Really I don't think you should stop trying, you obviously have perseverance which is the #1 asset in anything but the vibe you give off is very commercial, like you're concerned with success more than making good videos.

Anyways that's just my opinion not as a moderator, as I stated you're free to continue posting in the same manner as you were before.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  19. laurentiu

Then tell me. What is it wrong in how I present my videos? This is what I want, people slapping me over the face and telling me: DUDE, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG.

Do I need to find a more interesting way to present my videos? What tips would you have for me? I will gadly listen to constructive criticism.

20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1)You want people to want to come visit your videos

The only people you are going to get with "Subscribe 20 times and I'll give you a video of X!" are the 10 year olds, and I hate to tell you but you'll have a hard time keeping them away from all those other machinima level tards doing the same thing

2)High quality, the best possible, in both your video and your audio if you do so, keep your voice consistent, clear, and nice, if you give it to a friend and he won't bother watching the whole thing chances are a random guy won't.

3)Learn to video edit well, learning when to cut and when to extend, when to apply effects and when they're just stupid (solar flare syndrome) is crucial, attempt to keep a stylized view but not one that is just silly and strict.

A good example of someone who's actually a pleasure to watch, and this is coming from me who fucking hates self serving youtube whores: direwolf20

Guy has a nice voice, is clear, gets to the point while at the same time not rushing the point, isn't annoyingly strictly 'content', however not overly 'Oh man look at my drama'.

Go look at some top promoters who have the type of people YOU want to ATTRACT and then take notes.

go stalk contrary's youtube

Contrary and laurentiu like this.
Mods: BlueLuigi