1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Let's make our own balanced KAB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ardivaba, May 6, 2013.

1. Let's make our own balanced KAB
    I started this thread so that we could take all the existing issues in KAB and tweak them so that we would end up with balanced KAB that nobody would find anything to whine about.
    Basically this little project would should represent KAB that we all want to see.

How this is going to work is following:
    You post one feature request per post, and if this post gets 5+ likes, i will try to implement it. When you post feature request you should also note out why exactly this feature is crucial for more enjoyable KAB experience.

Gamemode of choice stays WAR right now, but all the mechanics to everything else that is not gamemode related still would work in other gamemoes.

Example feature request:
    Make archers slow down 50% while charging bows.
    Add name, description and reason, so that i can categorize features easily.
    Reason:
    Name: Archer slowdown nerf
    Archers are currently very op, they are superior to knights and make it almost impossible for knight to kill them if given archer is agile enough.
    (I am in no way expert combat, so i do not know if this is legit feature request, if you feel it would be good feature request, post it)

(Someone please make well thought out feature request for WAR winning conditions...while the idea was great, it simply isn't satisfactory enough if you happen to kill everyone in the middle and don't get to grief enemy base)

Since modding is very much a possibility right now, let's do it. If this project gains enough positive feedback, i'll push everything to github so that everyone can work on it. Who knows, maybe some features (or even code) finds itself in the final KAG.

Feel free to double-triple-hexa post feature requests...but definetly follow the: One feature per post guideline.

And try to keep feature requests reasonable, no "Let me fly sharks and spam kegs" feature requests...even if they do gain more than 999+ likes, i will ignore them.

Also remember, custom graphics and sounds are a no-go for now.

2. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Archer speed is reduced by 20% when at first charge level, 50% for second level.

3. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Give a small charge to archer backstabs.
    The current half a heart stabs are fine but an archer can jump over you to insta kill you.
    Giving them a tiny charge time that can't be done while mid air would mean they can still sneak up legitimately to stab but they can't jump and get lucky.

4. I already coded eamono's feature.
    Coding knife charge will take few minutes.

I will have to figure out how to enable, disable and toggle overlapping features during test time.
    Even tho these features didn't get 7+ likes, i am still coding them because i've got nothing better to do.
    (Actually taking a break from VanHuek's job)

5. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Reposting my knife idea

Knife will stun enemy for 1 sec and the user can't attack for 1 sec.
    This is so archers won't be 100% screwed when 1 knight comes, but will also encourage teamwork among knights

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

war base, no workbench

-I like the war base, it's good stuff. maybe also tweak the prices n stuff like in the video and maybe remake the top left? and make the trader like this, that means the factory (replaced by 'just' buying), kitchen (kitchen in meh, it's stupid), baracks (just spawn at home is better gameplay IMO) and nursery (it's in the war base) can be removed.

Digger101, hans_02, delankski and 4 others like this.
  7. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Mazey...1 feature per post was litterally the only rule

Make it so boat won't unpack if there is block in the way

8. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Knights jab faster so they can hit the pesky archers.

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

oops

10. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

Add a charge counter to the knight's swing like there is in classic.

11. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Slow down knight 40% while shielding

16th and hansel like this.
  12. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

After being shot by an arrow, knights don't have to shield again

Digger101, lavalord, 16th and 3 others like this.
  13. Rainbows

Give an audio que for both knight slash levels.
    currently when double slash is charged a metallic sound is made so the user can hear.
    giving a audio que for the single charge lets knights hear when they are ready.

14. hansel

hansel Shopkeep Stealer

Limit the number of walljump you can make to 1 but make them as strong as the default jump.

15. Rainbows

Get rid of water cooling down drills, their ability as a castle destroyer and melee weapon becomes unstoppable.

Digger101, 16th, Froghead48 and 10 others like this.
  16. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

Knights have an incendiary bomb, satchel is removed from archer

17. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Backstab deals 3 hearts of damage and causes large amounts of self stun on use (only a finisher v. knights).
    (can't post multiple things at once because of merging :QQ:)

NinjaCell likes this.
  18. eamono

eamono Arsonist

As an add on to this remove water buckets cooling down drills, 2 guys taxi-ing buckets and you can drill anywhere

Ardivaba likes this.
  19. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Fire arrows work through the satchel. Satchel has charges that determine the magnitude of its explosion, fire arrows (setting) deplete those charges on use, and using the satchel uses all of its remaining charges, fire arrows (item) are removed.

20. Mazey

Tweak or remove warboat/longboat and reinvent the raft and dinghy.
    If you plan on makin maps: Small water, 2 small rivers is OK but not a looot of water maps
    boats sux dix