1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lets think of a NEW game mode!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by mcrifel, Feb 10, 2015.

?

Gamemode Yes or No

1. King Of The Hill - YES

39 vote(s)
    78.0%
  2. King Of The Hill - NO

11 vote(s)
    22.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

New game mode (including new features ofc): a kinda mixup up of Shiprekt and normal KAG. KAGFORMERS

Craftable vehicles with an arrange of special blocks/tiles: upwards jets, sticky surface block, cutting saw block, arrow launcher block (yeah the on-the-works solo by Skinney might do it), wheels, grapples, solid block, rotate block etc

Something like TDM + Besiege

anyway I always thought of KAG having craftable vehicles would be awesome, somebody suggested it a while ago.

2. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

*cough* @AsuMagic *cough*

3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Yup, I have that in project for a few weeks already. It would be a mod with vehicles that can be crafted. It'd allow building submarines, airships, cars, tanks, etc. etc. I thought about that before I've learned about besiege though :p

I setted it on "standby", waiting for Skinney's new mechanics to keep compatibility with it and base the special blocks system with it. Yet the current version is nothing playable and is really buggy, but proves we can do it. I'm working with it with @Fernegulus. Will be a pain in the ass to end but, eh, I think I'd start working on it those holidays.

AcidSeth, 8x and blackjoker77777 like this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I would rather have a destroy the core gamemode, as KoTH can be easily achieved by having a TTH with only 1 hall. A DTC would basically be CTF, but the core doesn't move and has health, the opposing team has to destroy each of the opposing team's core in order to win.

Also another idea would be a ticket sort of gamemode that is like a glorified version of TDM, 2 teams with identical starting "tickets" and when someone dies one ticket is subtracted from the corresponding team's amount of tickets, maybe to still have the idea of conquering another team's base if the opposing team was attacking your tent or whatever the spawnpoint would be then for every 4 hits the ticket amount would go down by 2, not 1. I would rather have this gamemode than a DTC because KAG needs some sort of gamemode that is based upon how many people you kill, but maybe a better system is needed to support the idea of conquering another team's base.

Draco1991 likes this.
  5. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

seriously -_-

6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

With 2 halls as starting places for each team. Probably should've mentioned that. Nevertheless a KoTH gamemode would be too similar to TTH.

*Failed*

7. mcrifel

1. MIST

do you even know what KoTH is?

**double failed**

J-man2003 likes this.
  8. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

When shiprekt was released I wondered if the tiles could be brought into the standard KAG.
    Good thinking it out and good to hear it will be worked on :rollseyes:

For you guys that are discussing about the KoTH mode: a KoTH existed in the old version of Beta. It was fan-made but worked really nice. I don't know what happened to it but I guess it was discontinued. It was alright but I think that if we need a new gamemode than it should be more fun than that.

9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Most KoTHs I've played you gain points from captured hill(s), and that gamemode is way to much like TTH, so I'm not onboard, and as said something like it could be achieved through having a 3 hall TTH, though there wouldn't be points it would still give very similar gameplay.

**Didn't fail a 2nd time**

10. mcrifel

1. MIST

KoTH is that you have control of the middel of the map for a certain amount of time. So some sort of "hall" in the middle where you can't spawn, research, change class or have inventory space. both teams just spawn at tents or something like that.

***triple fail***

11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

From all different games I've played, KoTH has been a game of racking up points from hills, which is basically holding the hill for a certain amount of time.

And I never said having a 3 hall TTH wouldn't be exactly like KoTH but it would give similar gameplay, though you would have to take the opposing team's spawn hall which is obviously very different from KoTH.

And as I already said, KoTH really is too similar to TTH, if we're going to add a new gamemode it needs to be more unique then that.

*Stop being rude with fails*

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Perhaps you would also like the mod Capture the points, done by nkChehov iirc. Check at the resources section

13. mcrifel

1. MIST

Think what you want I am going to stop with arguing since you make me sick.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 23, 2015 ---
    This is a great idea! Too bad I cant add it to the poll

14. 8x

You could perhaps "rob" some code from shiprekt plus, after all thats the idea, but on ground not on top-down gravity free space

15. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

The basic stuff is done (though a bit buggy) :p
    I couldn't get more from shiprekt i guess. Its movement doesn't fit "real" KAG.
    Anyways it's not really the place to talk bout that here, PM me or write a message on my profile

16. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I was thinking about trying to mod a new gamemode, and maybe I still will, but I have no knowledge of AS so I'll share the idea.

It is like TDM except there is a flag in each spawn. First team to kill all enemies or cap the flag wins. The problem with TDM is it promotes pussying and so archers are generally OP and waste people's time.

I also wanted to only allow 2 bombs as knight or 1 water arrow as archer but that doesn't so long as boulder, water bombs and mines (and maybe bomb arrows) are disabled.

Was thinking of calling it Arcade CTF.

Thoughts?

CodeRedAlert likes this.
  17. 8x

Heh, Arcade CTF is already taken as a name :>

Hallic likes this.
  18. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

K, well, the name is unimportant :P.

19. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

Instagib CTF
    (archers only, 1 hit=kill, no triple-shotgun firing)

Fuzzle, Asu and Blue_Tiger like this.
  20. 8x

Hey, that was basically what my old Dash Ninjas! [InstaKill] server was about!

Old TDM had like endless tickets, it twas about getting a top of kills before the other team.

Mods: Rainbows