1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lighting Emergency

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beelzebub, Mar 2, 2012.

1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

What the crap guys? I've gone on plenty of servers that are practically dance floors, the light shows are so intense. Gold servers have all the new stuff (day/night, all the workshops, but not zombies).

arcadebomber, Nixito and BlueLuigi like this.
  2. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Or you need Quarters.

3. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

The castle issue is beyond simple. Leave one space somewhere in the castle backwall. Viola, light.

Yes you can, watch your minimap.

Not really.

Chinizz likes this.
  4. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

Lanters are buyable in Multiplayer for premium users, but only on premium servers. Same stuff with kegs. So far one server have it. But im not sure if this is official or mod... It was on ! Action. Somebody can confirm if multiplayer stuff is official?

5. knightl

knightl Base Burner

lanterns and kegs are on ! servers and Rayne's servers

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It is modded in, all of those extra workshops are. Generally speaking most of the premium servers probably don't have them but I suspect that this will get server owners to get off their asses and get us some nice and balanced content. I was trying hard yesterday to balance the new features nicely and toss in some fun, still need some balancing with kegs, but other than that, in general it worked great. Lanterns are awesome as hell for night mode, not needed in tunnels but do help, toss 'em everywhere and you get fun times.

P.S. I tossed code for colored lanterns and such to a few other people, so hopefully some more people will use it :d

7. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Lol colored lanterns.
    Now all we need are Will o' Wasps.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  8. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Everyone is having a go at tunnlers, last night, me and 4 guys using a speak chat tunneled from behind our base all the way to theirs, got the flag, blocked off the entrance, while three guys did all the work, then we had tea in a underground bunker (I ended up destroying the table XD) and we won.

Chinizz and BlueLuigi like this.
  9. Frogdo

Frogdo Shopkeep Stealer

Tea courtesy of I, that was a splendid night it was.

GHOZT, Chinizz and BlueLuigi like this.
  10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I missed this somehow... Do you have any idea who you're talking about? I wouldn't say I'm the best builder, but I'm pretty darned decent. And BlueLuigi is one of the best players in this game.

...Who are you, again? If you're the Beelzebub kid I saw in game crying about lanterns, I saw your tunnel. You've got far bigger problems than being able to see, trust me.

11. knightl

knightl Base Burner

I've played with bonesauce bee and do you know why he's respected and is a great person to have on your team, because he listened to advice and if you were to do the same less people would think you're a ass

and blue will slap you're tunnels silly i've seen them in game and they sicken me

thebonesauce likes this.
  12. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

Average rebuttal from a low Iq pug. :rollseyes:

Regarding lighting, I'm in for the idea for assorted lanterns as some map makes would like that. :p

13. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

I have played on the action premium server for hours with my other paid account and the lighting issue is much better. What is unfortunate is that with the incomplete lighting system for non premium players sucks and I think will hurt sales of the premium version out of frustration in the tunnels.

I really do not want this game to get to the point where only long time elite snobs play the game and shun all new players. That is the worst thing that can happen in terms of profit.

14. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl KAG Guard Tester

Flame thread.

15. Miaow

Miaow The Fanciest Pants always wins Donator Tester

In terms of an actual lighting emergency, there appears to be issues with light at the edges of the maps and with drawbridges in darkness.

thebonesauce likes this.
  16. Comrde

Comrde Shipwright

There's a bug if you put a ladder on the wall, you can see better. I think...

17. Spoolooni

Spoolooni Shark Slayer

People use ladders to trap lanterns.

18. Arlus

Arlus Shopkeep Stealer

To enter into the debate of tunneling, It's not necessary a noob tactic. The only thing to NEVER do is indeed to start it from your base. But if the ennemy seems to have an imprenetrable tower, then you can start to dig in front of it and get through it (and why not a little bit farther) Then as it might be a short tunnel, lantern wouldn't be necessary, unless you block the enter with doors to make it unvisible to the ennemy, and then get a surprise effect to those who didn't see it.

19. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Whoa what? I've been playing on modded servers this whole time? Well I thank you for your incredibly fast contribution to make multiplayer ten times more fun, and colorful.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  20. VDreamer

VDreamer Shipwright

im not one for tunneling but i agree lanterns is a must for everyone