1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by GreenRock, Apr 23, 2013.

?

Should likes be removed?

1. Yay

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Nay

44 vote(s)
    75.9%
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. nerdpride

nerdpride Shopkeep Stealer

Well I think likes are great for giving input without actually posting things. I don't have many likes at all and I like likes. Minimal effort social interaction on all sides.

What I don't get is the gamification of forum stuff like trophy points. Does lingering around a forum for whatever reason (getting likes or trophies) really encourage the growth of a game?

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'm not going to disable likes. Btw, have you ever noticed that you are able to sort threads by main post likes? (:

3. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

It would be nice if there were likes on social forums,and were not counted.
    Sometimes you really want to like a post on a social forum.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Downburst like this.
  4. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

No. How the heck do you do that? :huh?:

Guitarman likes this.
  5. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

naamloos.PNG

dnmr and PinXviiN like this.
  6. Gofio

Gofio Gunwobbler x3

It would get rid of all the likewhoring posts, but it would mean that for people to show their gratitude for a funny comment, or to tell someone they agree with his statement, they had to make a new post. That would probably create so many posts on the forums...
    Gasp! my bombjumping guide has the third most liked first post on "knight"!:D
    </br>--- merged: May 6, 2013 6:41 AM ---</br>
    Oh... wait. Neezy's guide has more first-post-likes :(

7. While being on my KAG and forum hiatus I noticed that I have been recently awarded with "Nerd" trophy for being a member of the forum for over a year. And what struck me most was the fact that even though I'm a member of KAG forum for a year I've posted so far only around 150 posts and earned 350 likes while some other members who are here for much more less time already surpassed me with the post count. And while this might not be the case I couldn't care less about like post count (which for majority of these newcomers consists mostly of shit-posting) or even simply a need of quality posting.
    I came to the conclusion that it is (or perhaps was) essentially the mechanism of likes that kept me here posting and at some point it suddenly became the sole reason of visiting this forum and posting. At some point I just felt that the only reasonable contribution I can give to this forum would be posting witty remarks and punch lines in threads and earning likes.
    To be honest, I don't know how to classify that need. I wouldn't say it was simply like-whoring or like-farming. Rather some like-whoring that came from higher needs and cared more about quality of the post than the count of earned likes ::P:.

tl;dr: Kalikst, or How I Stopped Posting on KAG Forum (Caring about Likes) and Started to Love Convos (which are actually the only reason why you can see me online on forum regularly because I'm way out of what's going on in KAG right now due to some personal reasons)

By the way: Bring back likes to profile pages! #OccupyFBB @FuzzyBlueBaron (you promised me this one)!

necroposting much, ikr?

icemusher and TheWids like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97