1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Loki has rcon access on official servers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FinDude, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

it's the admin access password for a server, so that you can kick / ban or balance teams.

EDIT : one post up explains it bit better, and its control if im not wrong.

2. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Never heard of this...

I'm also not sure if he is the right person for it.
    If he only had some better english skills this could be possible, but he doesn't even understand sarcasm.
    Also the way he writes and acts doesn't appear really adult.

Can be that he is doing a good job as an admin on servers but lets be honest, anyone can be and I guess we have tons of others around here who then have even better english skills.

3. SpitfireXero

SpitfireXero KAG Guard Tester

From my long experience as an admin for different communities, I feel obligated to say that language is not a deciding factor. His English is not like mine, but it's not his first language so what do you expect? You can understand everything he says, and that seems to be the actual problem with you guys. You scoff at everything that comes out of his mouth. Admittedly he may not act mature sometimes but seeing as there's a lack of admins on most servers as it is, is it really that big of a deal? We all act immature on this game. Maybe I should speak for myself though. Also, I don't particularly like defending Loki but it sounds like everyone has something personal against him (derp, he's annoying, so what) instead of an actual reason.

TLDR; Leave your feelings at the door and let him do his job until he stops performing it the way he should.

4. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

No, actually, we're saying because he's been banned before on the forums. No-one addresses this because they don't have a counter to it. He's been banned 3 times in the last month.

5. SpitfireXero

I haven't been here long enough, I was not aware. My apologies.

6. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

all of the community members who feel like Loki's behavior is inappropriate don't say this without any reasons.
    We are not doing this because this makes such a fun, actually its really annoying for us and makes the whole forum less enjoyable.

FinDude has been highly esteemed on the Link-Dead forums (previous project of MM)
    Shadlington is a mod, Furai is (dont know his opinion about this all)
    + all the others around are people following and playing this game by the 1. day existing.

what I want to say in fact is that we are not doing this for fun, and that there are legit reasons for acting like that.

7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I didn't address it because I didn't think it was relevant. That relates to his personality on the forums, not on his ability to moderate games. Not even on his personality in-game, which I have never seen to be anything but polite, if sometimes dotted with bragging.

8. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Stop the hunt on me oh dear, there's no rewards <.<

First quick to dardar, i was once payd administrator on a world of warcraft private server project (göttersohn a german server which was in tbc times 25k active players...), i didnt get alot money but still, i did it more as a favor =)
    And dardar, aswell i have my history... i was admining on several games servers for many people, i was parts of many world of warcraft private projects as eventmaker/designer, i'm admin of the zabjaka.pl community for Bonecrusher in Soldat. (12 servers) I've got full access on all his scripts, which he wouldnt give out to anyone, for example Swompie's ZS script which is STILL well played.
    Im fully legit in any meanings, and more as competent for such as a spot.
    I got since 6 a computer, since 11 i was first time admin on games like Battlefield Vietnam (there was it kinda new :P)

Ofc, if the right people ask me for some proofs (MM, Geti or Garciat) i could give you some contact informations to check my references.
    The people there would say, i was happy he was admin for us, sad he just went offline and never came back^^

And...
    i've been banned 3 times 24 houres, i''ve accepted and pleased for forgivness, aswell i sayd sorry...
    here the reasons -
    1. for spam (too many posts...)
    2. double post (spam)
    3. flame (but many others flamed in that tread too and it was kinda flame war)

not real big bans, nothing else then extended warnings in form of a 24 houre break, to cooldown.
    and the first and third ban was somehow removed, i've reported it, geti's answer was cool "you're welcome :P" so i did nothing really bad which could lead to a perma-ban... thats what you people try.... here the prove - http://pastebin.com/c63AKxvH

to talk about such stuff behinds someone's back shows actually who has no personality and who has, i didnt do any like that or insult people how the most of dardar's awesome list did, aswell i didnt do flame posts in clan treads as dardar did to me, citricsquid removed them when i reported it.

Anyway, i have the rcon already, i did my job already good.
    The thing what you guys could do now is accept it and calm down, cauze you guys are making the forum less enjoyable infact not me... im a normal player which makes partial modification and grows since shortly his own clan, i admin 2 servers now, i've never ever abused anything or such.... all what you guys can say to me is that you dont like me personally and that i spammed a little too much the forums.... and people having such a problem with that, shouldnt be moderators or admins.

Aswell, i know MM. He gave me already a chance to prove me, so i'll still be arround in a year or more, cauze i wont abuse any of these powers or anything else.

And if we talk about spam/flame, this tread is kind of and i've reported it since it's open.

btw... ruining someones reputation is kinda.... abusive?

9. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Your English could be better. I agree with that. So many errors above.

10. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

sure, but im 20, i still have time to learn the grammar and specific words i dont understand.

But seriously, am i not a good admin for your server =/?

11. Neat

This thread is not flame or spam. It's legitimate. You can't write it off as that. All we wish to be is heard, and if the mods read this, it is always their decision on what to do. There's no reason not to voice your opinion, so long as you do it in a formal and hopefully non-offensive way, which we have all done so far.

12. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Still, atleast does it ruin my reputation, which is offensive and pretty sneaky/abusive... aswell it seems kinda bad for the plan you guys have - http://pastebin.com/c63AKxvH

but your right, it's theyr decision.

13. Neat

The word "Hypothetical" means fantasy situation, a situation that doesn't exist, but you're bringing it up for discussion as if it did exist. Note Shadlington said "Hypothetically" therefore it was more of a joke than any sort of serious plan.

I'm sorry we have offended you somehow, but it is the same as complaining about another moderator, which is a process done on every site. They're not supposed to take offense from it.

14. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Good joke as moderator, suggesting to ban a player or removing his juxta.dll *aplause*

kind of what a moderator should'nt do, and i think a MM, Geti, or Garciat would'nt EVER say something like that.

aswell i know what hypotethical means... but only cauze he sayd it carefully there doesnt mean its no serious plan.

15. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

Y'know I reckon we should call Monsteri out on this because he obviously supplied Loki with the irc logs which sparks up Loki's temper. (If it isn't Monsteri, Im sorry for accusing you.)

16. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

i've got the logs searched on my own, thats what i do alot since so much hate is arround, obvious it was a clever idea.

Anyway what would be wrong to supplie someone with abusive ideas of a moderator spoken behind my back?

17. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Shark Slayer

LOAD OF BULLSHIT. Sorry but that's pretty obvious you have either hacked the client or whatever but not even I can see what has been said in the past. You are paranoid.

PUNK123 likes this.
  18. SpitfireXero

This is getting a little out of hand.

19. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

who sayd i login alltime with Wargod? who says im not clever enough to use proxy servers as it needs 10 min to learn that (and a simple software) when you search in google for some examples, LMAO.

guys im 20, just cauze i cant talk good english it doesnt mean anything... you dont know what i all can or not... (hypotethical) could i have hacked already your computer and know that your not a girl valkyrie... who knows... but your point is anyway dumb to call out someone for reporting abuse ideas, beeing offensive of that fact to someone is just a mad joke.

20. Catakus

Catakus KAG Guard Tester

First off, let me get this out of the way: I don't like loki as a person. You're ego is too big for anyone to deal with, and you act like you can do no wrong.
    Now, that "flame war" that got us both banned was because you flat out said I was an abusive admin on Dwat's server. To be honest, that pissed me off. Why? Because the "abuse" you claim I was doing was when I was having a map-editor war with players that ASKED for it. But no, according to you I'm an admin that abuses my powers.

As for insulting people behind their back, I was on IRC last night when you were talking to Sir Salami. You remember, that conversation where you kept calling Shad a bad person, and said that most forum members have no character and are bad people? Then how much better you are? If you're going to talk shit about people, expect it to come back your way.

Now, as for the reason of this thread. I have not seen loki ever abuse his rcon powers in any way (except for that time I spent half an hour building a base in Dwats server when nobody was around, and he changed the map as soon as he logged in). Sure he annoys me, but he has always been careful with his bans. And unless there is a good reason why he should be stripped of his powers, whether it be for banning people that insult him or out of rage, I feel he should be allowed to keep rcon on the official servers.

Also, who changed my signature? I know I wasn't drunk last night.