1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for map makers for my assault course server!

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by JackMcDaniels, Jul 24, 2016.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Hello people, currently hosting an assault course server (Jack's assault course) and currently looking for some fresh new maps for people to play on :flex: For too long now we have had old maps that everyone and their grandma has played a thousand times :QQ:

If you make your map, post it in this thread i'll host it on my server (if the map works! 25252525)

Please try to mark each individual challenge inside your map (1,2,3,4,5 etc,) but aside from that there are no rules on how you choose to make your map. Please do try to keep it fresh with new ideas and interesting challenges ::):

Thanks, good luck! :wink:

EDIT: A contraption palette for making contraption assault course maps. Credits @Olimarrex for making it :thumbs_up:25252525
    WirePalette.png

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    Magmus, franek123, Olimarrex and 2 others like this.
  2. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

WAHAY! ^3^
    Always get a rush of pleasure when someone hosts an assault course server, I'd already updated some of my old maps - they are in the server already but i fixed them up so that they aren't as crappy as before. ::):
    The maps should look visually similar to the ones that I'd put up already, but if you have trouble finding them you can send me a convo message or something.
    Expect me to send you some moar maps in the near future C:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 30, 2016, Original Post Date: Jul 25, 2016 ---
    Okeydoke, I've made a noob-friendly map, if it's as successful as I hope it will be, I might try and do several more of these. ACChoice.png
    There's a hub at the start that currently has:
    A handicap option
    An easy route
    And a hard route
    hopefully the map won't lag players too bad.

Attached Files:

3. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Nice! I'm away on a week long vacation right now :heart::wink: so I'm lacking all the passwords i'd usually have for my server account etc. I'll have it uploaded as soon as i get back!

PUNK123 likes this.
  4. ffsff

ffsff Haxor

I have my own course from a while ago, I could extend it and give it to you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 9, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 9, 2016 ---
    Btw, you should include mechanisms on your server. That would make the maps more intricate.

PUNK123 likes this.
  5. Alpha-Penguin

Alpha-Penguin Bison Rider

@Monkey_Feats Hosted an assault server at one point I believe. Maybe he will have some maps that you have not used.

6. Monkey_Feats

Monkey_Feats Bison Rider Tester

I got a couple crappy maps that are probs not worth uploading.
    I am willing to fix this assault mod for you guys if you's want, Some of you will remember on my server, you could actually finish a map and there was a fastest time record to be set for each map (basically challenge mode).

You guys want the mod to fixed right?

Olimarrex and EhRa like this.
  7. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

@JackMcDaniels, do you have steam, and if so can I add you? I would like to discuss things with you in a faster fashion that using a convo would.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 13, 2016 ---
    Well, the map that I have made now uses wires... It'd be great if it could be fixed so that it worked xD
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2016 ---
    My second Wires map with checkpoints, this one I hope is my best yet! I certainly will enjoy watching nubs play it, the challenges are actually ordered now, so y'know :D
    UPDATE: Made ACArcher better, it's more obvious where you go, the end is possible (but still rly hard), there's no evil glitching anymore, and a couple of other changes.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
Mods: Downburst, Mazey