1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Low FPS

Discussion in 'Help' started by MagicalPotato, Nov 15, 2016.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. MagicalPotato

MagicalPotato Builder Stabber

Hello!
    Last week I've been experiencing huge FPS drops while playing KAG. I've been mostly playing on that "Territy Control" server. At first it's good, after 10-20 minutes of playing I get literally 5 FPS. When I go to another server it's still slow as hell. When I restart the game It stays slow. After I restart my computer it's OK, but after a while that happens again what I just described. It keeps saying "Game slow, decrease the max players slots" or something like that. My laptop is not bad itself. Here are the specs:
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz 2.54GHz
    4 GB ram
    That "Territory Control" server has max 100 slots and when I play there are usually around 20-25 players online. Is the server causing the FPS drops as it tells to decrease the max player slots? I tried to set the settings to low, but it didn't make any difference. Any idea what's the problem or how could I make KAG run better?

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Server should not be lagging, It's supported 35+ people at once, until the kag API kicked a huge amount of individuals.

So, Stuff to check;
    Try other games, If playing on them for an extending amount of time is also common, then it's something to do with your computer/laptop.
    Make sure your GPU is up to date.
    Make sure you have an anti-virus software, something like malwarebytes.

That's all i can say.

I don't think it would be the server because most people would not play it if 25+ players had 5 fps.

3. MagicalPotato

OK, seems like I don't get low FPS on other servers, I've been playing on official CTF and it was pretty smooth. Your server seems to be the only one that I lag on when there are many players online. When there are like 15 I think it's smooth (not sure). About other games - every game I've played on this PC was kinda lagging. I've only played Minecraft and San Andreas Multiplayer on this computer. Also GTA 4, but my pc almost blew up because of it lol. Minecraft is lagging on this and on my old computer. San Andreas Multiplayer is smooth, I get high FPS but sometimes I still get FPS drops, but it's all good again in a few moments. About anti-virus - yes I have a paid one. And about driver - I've got no clue if it's up to date, I'm trying to check it, but it's stuck at "Searching online for software." Are there any other ways to check if it's up to date?

4. Vamist

What GPU do you have

Go to device manager> Look for Display adapters, it should have an object inside of there, tell me its name.

If anything, i would say because TC is a heavily modded server, 500+ extra files, most likely your GPU can't handle it. Plus the whole kag engine don't support huge mods as for what i was told.

5. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

Its obvious, not enough ram or gpu. Probably ram, i used to have lags in minecraft(when it was still good, 4 years ago ? It was a cool game, i played it since first alpha, without beds !) because of my ram, i have no idea about kag and its ram usage ofc.

6. MagicalPotato

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M it is. Seems like I have some 2010 version, I will try updating it to the latest one. :) Also I've played Aphelion's roleplay which has like 1000 files and it's smooth I guess.

7. TheBloodOfNight

It was empty i bet.

8. Vamist

So, I mean, for a laptop its alright. Anyway

To update nivida; read this

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nvidia-update-uk.html

although it might not make a huge difference.
    I don't really know what the problem here is.

9. MagicalPotato

Eh, I don't have that updating place in my nvidia control panel nor a nvidia icon in system tray. So I can't even check if there's an update available. Does it mean that there are no updates?

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

A player with Quadro :K
    some of the latest Nvidia updates gave me a notorius fps drop too. Try to get the previous update, or the latest if you haven't. I bet 4 gb ram should be enough, right?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  11. Vamist

Yeah, 4GB is enough, Nvidia has a problem which should be fixed if you update it. But in a nutshell if you use Nvidia share (Or Shadowplay) CTRL 1 (2 or 3) would drop fps by 50% because they had set up those keys are hot keys for something, which does not work. So to fix CTRL (1 2 or 3,) you just have to turn off share (or shadowplay depending on what you call it)

12. MagicalPotato

What's the safest way to update my driver? I don't know how to do that and I heard the programs are dangerous.

EDIT: I could update the driver with Driver Booster.

EDIT 2: I even deleted some programs, but stil lagging like hell. It was good at first, I was hoping it's all fixed now, but randomly after getting killed I got a huge FPS drop and it stayed like that.

EDIT 3: I restarted my laptop twice and I still lag like hell in every server. Also everytime I start lagging on Territory Control my whole PC starts lagging.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  13. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Go directly to Nvidia webpage, look for the driver downloads. There you'll select your card and operative system to gran the correct download.
    Also, have you checked if KAG.exe is being ran with the integrated graphics card instead of being ran with your Nvidia GPU? That once happened to me and i got a notorius fps drop.

14. TheBloodOfNight

if everything will fail, i recommend reinstalling your system. :p When you download a lot of the Discovery channel videos ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) you need at least be able to hide your IP reinstall your very own system :p

15. updating drivers never helps

TheBloodOfNight likes this.
  16. TheBloodOfNight

When it comes to fps, yes... but new drivers sometimes crash older games :p

norill likes this.
  17. MagicalPotato

Lol, but no, I'm not going to reinstall anything.
    I couldn't figure out how to get the update from their website, but I used Driver Booster to update it. How to check that integrated graphics thing?

18. 8x

If you on windows: right click on KAG.exe > Execute with graphic processor > select one, put NVIDIA or your GPU as default

19. MagicalPotato

Seems like I don't have the feature as I don't have that when I right click and I can't enable it through NVIDIA control panel, the button is just missing. In 3D Settings I just don't have an option to select the graphics processor, there are two options: specify the program and specify the settings for this program while other people have an option to change the graphics processor there. Any ideas?
    That's all I got: https://gyazo.com/76b47dff00ffcd38adb058ae028026de and other people got this: https://gyazo.com/4ad8c1da04a5493c624e576873fb176d

But there's that thing: https://gyazo.com/d357aa10904be4d692057809c48a164f
    Is it what I need? It's always been like that though I didn't touch it.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  20. TheBloodOfNight

its not, its your own setting to the "cuda" I bet. You can use nvidia or tune it yourself.. but actually im not sure, you are supposed to have one foking graphics processor, yur pc is mess bruddeh, clean it. If you reinstall it, it will work faster its THE ONLY solution, drivers will fix shit, maybe 5 fps foken 5 fps. If you want you can also screw around with the setting of the video rendering, it renders games after all lol That's all I got: https://gyazo.com/76b47dff00ffcd38adb058ae028026de and other people got this: https://gyazo.com/4ad8c1da04a5493c624e576873fb176d <--- ITS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT CLICKING GLOBAL SETTINGS =.= Well your problem is fixed. Nothing else will work, i can bet my bush on it. If you lag on one server, on another you dont, you will lag again, sooner or later, its obvious =-=

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey