1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make archer hotkeys for arrow types.

Discussion in 'Requests' started by kodysch, Apr 28, 2014.

1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

The basic idea is to have the ability to press a key that selects a specific arrow type, if you have it in your quiver.

I put up a reward of one $10 dollar steam game to whoever can make it happen.

2. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

I made this script since I also want this added to my own mod. So please keep the prize for better hotkey-scripts, yourself or some other good idea you want implemented.

Which keys do you suggest for each arrow type?
    At the moment it is:
    R = Bomb arrow
    G = Regular arrow
    Z = Fire arrow
    X = Water arrow

To apply this, simply add it to a the archer.cfg. See Strathos' modding tutorial if you need help with this (similar to the way Dash.as is applied).
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/howto-getting-mods-to-run-in-your-server.16474/

Attached Files:

Konoko, RadioActive and kodysch like this.
  3. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Wow, thanks man! You make KAG better. I'd say that those are good defaults. Can they be changed to anything in the .as script?

4. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

To change the key-layout:
    - Look for "KEY_KEY_G" or similiar.
    - Replace "G" with the desired key as in "KEY_KEY_H" (same method can be used for numbers).
    - ???
    - coins

Thank you for the kind words.

RadioActive and norill like this.
  5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

So, is this not possible to play with without being on a server which also has this script? I cannot seem to get it to work unless I put it in /mods/ and play in solo mode. Seems rather pointless if this is the case.