1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make "Match Timer" a vote instead of a default option.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Klokinator, Aug 26, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Another small suggestion from mr. selfie.

The match timer is like, 45 minutes. It's really goddamn short. The best matches I've ever played were about 2 hours long, yet lately a match gets to the good part where both teams are cemented behind iron defenses and they've both just started whaling on each other... and the timer runs out!

Match over! GG, it's a draw!

No you stupid goddamn timer it was NOT a draw. Blue took one of Red's flags and Red didn't take any! Clearly blue wins as a result of taking more flags! Additionally, I believe that making the timer vote based so after a match starts dragging people can vote for the timer to start would be great. This, or a "timer extend" vote that extends the timer by 15 minutes or so. Part of the fun is playing a really tough back and forth match for more than an hour, and then finally winning because of hard work! The timer ruins this and makes all matches into the kind of sex married couples speak about in hushed whispers: 24/7 Quickies.

TL;DR Make timers have a vote to extend or make the timer itself a vote, and make timers properly display who won the match.

That's it, that's my suggestion. Kk.

Dargona1018 and PinXviiN like this.
Mods: Rainbows