1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make pickaxe destroy bodies quicker.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by franek123, Aug 30, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

What title says. Just to make bodies less annoying.

2. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

tbh why do bodies even drop, they serv literally no use, and before someone goes yelling at me that it is realistic wel I don't see dead sharks dropping.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    PUNK123 likes this.
  3. franek123

They are for humiliating your dead enemies and also buttsex :^)

bru-jaz, epsilon and PUNK123 like this.
  4. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

Dead corpses could be used for distraction or as short-term shields, in older builds they were used as well to stop enemy doors from closing.
    Also keep in mind that the lack of thrown corpses will make those crouching archers (pretending to be dead) easy to find and/or hunt and thus ruining their stealthy strategies.
    Corpses could be used as indicators as well, if there's a dark place underground and you find your teammate's corpse thrown in front of the door then you'd be sure to get ready for whatever boogie monster that's hiding in there.
    Let not speak of the intense fun you'd be getting from throwing your enemy's dead body using a catapult, collecting them or even including them in your victory dance (see: raping a dead corpse).
    That said, too much corpses in a server do cause fps drops (for those having $hitty Computers such as myself), but they still serve a purpose, a bunch of them if you're creative enough actually.

Frikman and an_obamanation like this.
  5. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I get keeping doors open, thats what bugs me about them mostly. And hiding archer you can see there arrows which is a dead giveaway. But I guess there is some fun in humiliating an enemies body and catapulting them over walls like the Mongolians did.

6. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I recall that we used to be able to throw dead corpse into enemy doors, they went through them and we were able to get the doors to remain open whenever an enemy passes by in older builds.
    How it happens now is fair enough IMHO, if you get killed while you're in the door then it makes sense to have your corpse keeping it open for some period. Simply don't open the doors to strangers if you can't handle them. :^)
    Not if they threw their arrows before attempting to blend with the dead people; which is done by tons of professional archers since they prefer to use their fat bodies to kill their enemies instead of using arrows (probably to show off, but Meh).
    Indeed!
    Either way, I really think corpses should be faster to get rid off using a builder.

an_obamanation and epsilon like this.
  7. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Corpses used to be able to store items on death (accessed with e, you could get resources a builder had on them before they died) but I believe that was removed or I just don't see it I anymore.

8. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Which is really sad. When I was a knight and I jumped beyond enemy lines I used to kill builders and stuff their belongings in corpses to prevent pickup and notcie from others lol.
    I never got to put a lit bomb in another corpse tho-does it make a corpse bomb?
    EDIT: Wait I'm off-topic. So I'll give the idea a +1 and agree. Maybe also make them easily throwable so everyone are spartans?

9. franek123

I know @Geti doesn't like to be tagged but it's been few days, post got some attention and i want to hear what devs think.

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Fixing anything about the pickaxes would be fine(i personally raged tons of times over ladders being cancer to remove as builder)

But did you forget where you posted this?

[​IMG]

SirDangalang and an_obamanation like this.
  11. franek123

I just treat destroying ladders as a task for knight's and I also don't find it that annoying.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I could make builders do extra damage to bodies, sure. Messing with the pickaxe targeting isn't something I want to do much of, the code is a mess. The corner hitting is fixed next build, its just a matter of when we can get it out.

E: went with double damage to corpses - not gonna make it instagib them for now but should make it less annoying at least.

13. franek123

^ Thx, great! <3

Mods: Rainbows