1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make trap blocks easier to break

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ShnitzelKiller, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
Mods: Rainbows
  1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Trap blocks are so often misused, and in almost every match eventually become a nightmare for the team that placed them. They are basically indestructible enemy doors that take no damage from anything but kegs. What's more, they take around 15 hits to break with a pickaxe. Compare this to stone doors, which take about 4 hits to break, despite being twice as expensive. A single noob can ruin a game by placing a big row of trap blocks that it would take far too long to remove (removal becomes nigh impossible once the enemy sets up under it, since you'll get slashed right through them any time you try, and only builders or kegs can do anything to them). At least give people a chance to destroy them once they realize it's a mistake.
    I wouldn't mind if they were removed from the game.

2. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

It's a bit odd as you mention that the more expensive and useful stone door is less durable than the trap block, definitely feel like it should be inverse.

I'm not massively bothered by trap blocks but I never use them whilst building which I guess speaks volume.
    It's very difficult to apply them effectively when you can make perfectly effective traps and team ladders without them. ::P:

3. Hospitalizer

Hospitalizer Shopkeep Stealer

They can be destroyed with 2 blocks of falling wood and every thing else 4 that matter
    But knights take 3 blocks of wood 2 kill

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Flesh and bone is surprisingly solid, you know. Don't be fooled by this trope.

That said, realism doesn't matter here. I do agree that trap blocks take an illogically high number of hits to break. I wonder if that was done on purpose by the devs for some reason or other....

5. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

it's almost as if trap blocks were originally designed as blocks that could trap enemies.

6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Fixed that for you(...?) I'm not sure...

SirDangalang likes this.
  7. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

It is utterly plain and obvious that they currently only trap teammates/get in the way. I'm just saying that making them so hard to break seems like a measure you would take for a block that is meant to trap enemies, so they can't just break it in two hits. But then they decided to make them super reinforced enemy doors and that serves the opposite purpose.

8. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

I guess you could say.. trap blocks... are actually... team trapping blocks that leave you exposed to the enemy team?

9. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

The problem isn't the blocks, it's the idiots placing them.

bru-jaz likes this.
  10. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

What if your own team could break their own trap blocks easier than the enemy. That way, if you had to get rid of them it wouldn't be so difficult.

bru-jaz, _Cuffs_ and SirDangalang like this.
  11. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

There's nothing so exasperating as seeing a builder start shitting trap blocks over a dirt spike "trap" next to flag, and having to take the time to tell him how terrible that is, all while knowing he is either unable to read, or will just lash/not listen. And it's ALWAYS the same. Sooner or later, the enemy drops down, builds shops under the trap blocks, and it's gg.

bru-jaz likes this.
Mods: Rainbows