1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Making a custom key usable for a class

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Frikman, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Hello, I'd like to know if there's a way to make a class use a custom key for making an action. For now I know LMB is key_action1, RMB is key_action2 and SPACE is key_action3, but is there a way for setting, for example, R to be key_action4 or just using key_r altoguether?

2. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

these are the available keys
    [​IMG]
    i think key_taunts is v
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 5, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 5, 2016 ---
    actually you can also use CControls like this
    [​IMG]
    you need to do the stuff at the top because CControls is like a clientside thing

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Note: you probably want to sync the buttonpress somehow if anything at all client or server side is going to rely on it. If it's just for a menu for that player only then feel free to not, but if it's going to be used for like, jumping or something, either send a cmd for the action, or use a bool or tag property representing the current state of the key.

makmoud98 likes this.
  4. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I actually found a way of making it work using this code, which is pretty similar to what makmoud said.
    Code:
    if (getControls().isKeyJustPressed( KEY_KEY_R ))
    Although it works, it doesn't allow me to use keys like shift or control. Do they have a special name or just can't be used?

5. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

open Enums.txt inside of ../KAG/Manual/interface