1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Map making contest (small maps) - free game for winner

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Cobramuziek86, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

You know you can just draw half a map and then mirror it?

2. I do not know how to do
    :QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ:NI:QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ::QQ:

3. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Here's a visual guide:

Okay, say you want to make a map that is 150x40, for perfect symmetry (I don't go for 100% symmetry), you'll want to split the map directly in half vertically by drawing a line with another colour - I use a dirt wall - so that'd be 75x40.
    [​IMG]

Once you've split it, proceed to do what you'd usually do, and make the map - leave it to only one side though, I usually do the left half and leave the other side blank. Map below took literally 2 minutes and 19 seconds to do. This stuff literally cuts your production time in half.

[​IMG]

Once you've completed it, you'll want to drag-select the entirety of the half of the map you just did. Like so.
    [​IMG]

COPY & PASTE THAT STUFF

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

HOPE YOU ENJOYED
    If you have any further questions regarding maps, feel free to throw them my way.

4. asger75

asger75 Haxor

lets hope arko can understand, he isn't the best at english. :)

5. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

abracadaver.png

sky prob too high, reach for the stars though amirite(2lazy2lower)

6. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

New map. This one I'm actually rather proud of... for once. Called it "Secret Dreams" 'cause I was listening to Alon Mor at the time, I can't think of original names so I just do some bullshittery and take it from a song. I added a buttload of spikes on the ceiling, because fuck archers.

I reduced the gold amount due to uhhh...

[​IMG]

...popular demand. Old habits from doing TC maps for Flippy which generally require absurd amounts of gold.

Secret Dreams.png
    [​IMG]

Bonus Map: That shitty 2 minute map from that guide for Argos. Don't care what you do with it - burn it, roll it up and fridge mold, take it for yourself and make it better - your choice.
    DeFuck.png
    [​IMG]

:heart:

epsilon, Cobramuziek86 and The_Osz like this.
  7. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Tongas.png
    Anoother one

8. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Definition of stalemate. No strategy when covering flags... just spam stone.
    I can see a team climbing to the roof in mid and making an outpost using all that hanging backwall for support.

Magmus, mcrifel and franek123 like this.
  9. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Also guys, please add shit tones of "better" stone at the bottom of maps so stalemates are less stalematey and you can acuatlly build solid shit with stone instead of spamming wood in late game. Thx

Biurza and mcrifel like this.
  10. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Doesnt that actually make it more stalematey? As the wood is "easier" to get through with a fire arrow etc?

11. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

No, coz with wood only it's impossible to capture terrain that is usually huge hole with some bedrock and without capping mid it's even harder to win a game

FuzzyBlueBaron and mcrifel like this.
  12. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

salmon.png
    keeping the fish trend alive

13. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

keeping the floating things trend alive

Attached Files:

14. [​IMG] The middle will certainly be hard to defend a 5, but given the height, its smell the ballista spamm::D::heart:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Magmus likes this.
  15. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

One more week to submit maps, after this ill get some ppl together to rate the maps. The ones submitted so far will be put onto the server this weekend at the latest probably :)

mcrifel likes this.
  16. Magmus

Magmus Ballista Bolt Thrower Mapping Moderator Official Server Admin

Nice :3
    Didnt think about the balista spam this time ::P: its easy to make the map lower if its really needed, but i want to see how it goes :smug:
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 25, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 24, 2017 ---
    less bally bally and more fishy fishy :potato:

Attached Files:

Biurza likes this.
  17. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

What the fuck even
    LemmeSee.png

18. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Biurza likes this.
  19. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Will you be judging aesthetics in-game, or just on some kind image viewer, not that it makes a difference to me, just kinda curious.

Biurza likes this.
  20. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Of course it would be aesthetics in-game since that's where the maps will be used and played on. You can't see any detail in these png files since 1 pixel represents 1 block or blob, and therefore wouldn't be able to judge aesthetics well off these.

Olimarrex likes this.