1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Map/Server Ingenuity by OnR

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by FliesLikeABrick, Jun 20, 2012.

1. solidfake

solidfake Shipwright

You know, the server would be great and all, if there wouldn't be that certain person who thinks it is fun to block other players only for his amusement.
    I ran into him yesterday, and I ran into him today, this time I disconnected immediately.
    I won't say his name, but I think more people already bumped into him.

I come to climb servers to climb dammit, not answering stupid trivia questions which everyone answers with wikipedia anyway from a person who needs to troll a climb server to get his daily part of attention.

It could have been fun, with such people it sadly isn't. Sad, this had (still has) potential.

Viken likes this.
  2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ok, after several attempts, i reached this. Although somebody had edited the map, the only way for reaching their tent was upwards thru the first blue huge drop. Almost didn't get it due to arrows and blockers, but here it is. Bring new maps to us! screen-12-06-21-23-13-41.png

Contrary likes this.
  3. SoundPaint

SoundPaint Bison Rider

We'll restart the map 8x ;)

4. Viken

Viken Horde Gibber

Didn't mean to upset anyone, just trying to have a little fun. Just an unlucky coincidence that I ran into you twice. You can be assured that I won't hassle you - or anyone else - again on this map :)

solidfake and Rayne like this.
  5. solidfake

solidfake Shipwright

Wow, didn't expect an answer from you.
    That is very kind of you, I must say I have never met such a kind troll like you.
    I can understand that you get bored after some time, but please don't force other people to take part of your boredom, that's all.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

It was pretty easy till the third last floor, and then the second last vaulting part was impossibru. Second last floor in 17 minutes isn't bad I guess. Moar maps please :D

7. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

IMO the last floor is one of the easiest (blue side that is--red side is just retarded). I did it like this:
    • vault onto first block
    • running start jumping to next block
    • hold up + left
    • hold up + right until last block
    • running start jump at edge
    It was funny when I watched people carefully positioning each jump, when I just jumped through much of the puzzle by just holding two keys.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Rayne like this.
  8. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I did try that too, but I couldn't get enough momentum to reach the other notches. Maybe I just suck :/

9. ikurhai

ikurhai Shipwright

Sorry, but the server will be in normal mode, there will soon be a new parkour map with some harder levels though (keeping a level with the current difficulty). Thanks again to the admins for having made a message for our server!

Ryu and StarFighter like this.
  10. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i beat both sides. i personally found blue to be easier with that one jump, in which you vault off the block and jump onto the one of the opposite direction far away, or the 3 block jump and the last level. i found that you could basically run through almost the whole part for blue last level. then the second jump i found was difficult as you can't rush it having to vault off the side onto the other.

11. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

So it looks like this server is no longer doing jump/climb - anyone know of other servers currently hosting jump/climb?

12. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Once me and CoD start renting our serverwe will be doing all sorts of special games modes. Things likely training and jump maps, and training for everyone. It may be a little while because we are new to servers so help would be appreciated if you could spare it.
    It is aus so it will have Lagg but I could play on a euro server with ease.

CoD and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  13. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I was planning to host one but I couldn't find any maps.

I was actually planning to make a climbing race red vs blue but I can't find a way to spawn on a different place than your tent. :(

14. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

15. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I was thinking of having super mario styled maps and then you run across them. At the end you come to the arena and the first one to get the bomb wins or something.

16. ikurhai

ikurhai Shipwright

Yay !

The new map is released ! C'mon test your skill !

17. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Again down?

18. Clost

Clost Arsonist

No, Its ok. Some bugs will be fix in a few days.

19. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

if you want to save the OnR map yourself for any reason, use the /savemap command in the rcon console
    I had a competition with some friends on my private server it was quite funny

20. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

So, are any of these servers up right now? searching for jump or climb in the list doesn't show any