1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MapCreator, replace for Sandbox

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by JacKD, Jun 15, 2012.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Since sandbox mode doesn't let you use all of the blocks you'd want to make a nice map, I've created this gamemode as a replacement.
    To use it you just have to extract it to the main KAG folder, and then COPY the MapCreator folder in Base/Rules, rename the Zombie_Survival folder to something like Zombie_Survival2 and then rename the copy of MapCreator to Zombie_Survival

It's more complicated than you'd like, but like this it's easier to go back to the normal zombie mode, and to eventually just host a MapCreator server instead of replacing the zombie mode (once the spawning bug is fixed).

Features:
    -No damage
    -New blocks (wood, mossy, natural resources with names, rubble, dirt, grass)
    -That's about it

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Antman

Antman Base Burner

I love you <3 No homo! xD

3. JacKD

Lol, thanks I guess xD

4. Voxxitronic

Voxxitronic It's an adjective Donator

You are a saint and should be worshipped as such.

JacKD likes this.
  5. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Nice, but mind explaining what those numbers are?
    And I assume you took the Mossy stones/natural resources from actor files? :thumbs_up:
    Edit: Since you need to rename ur folder to Zombie_Survival there is no point in putting /Mapcreator/Archer.cfg etc etc might, want to fix that :P

6. JacKD

I got those from trial and error. In one of the game modes there's a builder_blocks.cfg (probably in CTF full I don't remember). IN the comments it says "offset from world.png" so I took a look at the Sprites/world.png file, and realized that to get a particular tile, you just have to calculate where that tile starts in the world.png file e.g. the first tile would be 0, the second 16, etc.

Actually that wouldn't work, as every file references the configurations in /MapCreator not /Zombie_Survival so that it works as a standalone mode and not only a Zombie fortress replacement. That means that you actually don't need to replace every file from /Zombie_Survival, just gamemode.cfg as this file points to all the others in /MapCreator but I decided to give the instructions to just copy all as it seems easier.

7. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

It doesn't seem to work for me anymore...
    While I DO know it worked (as it is how I got the wood blocks in it), does it still work for you? :/

8. JacKD

Tested aaaaaaand nope. There was a "bugfix" last build related to zombie fortress that probably screwed things up, that and the fact that you can't save a map that runs on a server, means we have no way to create .kag maps. Nice.

9. better installation:
    extract your zip in main kag folder
    replace content of Base\Maps\sandbox.gm with this
    Code:

LoadRules("Rules/MapCreator/gamemode.cfg");
        LoadMapCycle( "Rules/MapCreator/mapcycle.cfg" );
        LoadMap( "" );

print(`Config loaded from sandbox.gm`);

enjoy!

10. JacKD

That's not a better installation.
    Currently there's no way to make it work with sandbox mode as you need a gold server to have access to premium stuff, that's the reason my instructions say that you should replace Zombie Fortress. That's the only current workaround in single player.

11. Ne3zy

Ne3zy Haxor

I can't spawn.