1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MeteorStrike (Coop + VS)

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Strathos, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

Just for the lols :]
    MeteorSwarmScreen.png

Coop variant: Protect your base against Meteor waves. Destroy the falling Meteors before they reach the ground - Buy defenders to help defend your base!
    MapCoop.png

VS variant: PUSH the falling Meteors to the enemy side to collapse their base.
    MapVS.png

Attached Files:

Beepo, hans_02, rocker2 and 7 others like this.
  2. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

There you go again strathos, making crazy insane fun game-modes for everyone to play.

;)

3. Your just amazing at creating game modes:)

4. A very awesome idea Strathos. It looks like an intense game mode.

5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I've been playing on the server hosted by master, and it's epic fun :spam:
    I just think it's really hard to deal with enemies who just spam arrows to the other side. The stun is ridiculous with a constant stream of arrows (If they have good accuracy, they could effectively push you off the map). Of course, I have won matches where my opponents were too busy aiming for me to defend their own base. :B):

Another thing that causes issues is arrow-climbing. If you have a whole bunch of arrows stuck in the ground, they will stay there after your base collapses, and you can keep jumping around for a significantly long time just using the arrows.

Lastly, I have a suggestion for a map. You could create several smaller islands for each team that they could jump between. Make each island out of a more easily destroyed material, so even one meteor could seriously damage your team's mobility.
    :blank::bow::blank::bow::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::bow::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank: :bow: :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::bow::blank::bow:
    :blank::stone::stone::stone::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::stone::stone::stone::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::stone::stone::stone::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::stone::stone::stone:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blue::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank: :blank::blank::red:
    :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::stone::stone::stone::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::stone::stone::stone:

:blank::blank::stone::stone::stone::blank::blank::blank::stone::stone::stone::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::stone::stone::stone::blank::blank::blank::stone::stone::stone:
    EDIT: Some more assorted problems:
    • You can block meteors with your body (which I guess might make sense)
    • You can pick up meteors
    • A meteor will sometimes break a block instantly (maybe because it hits right between two blocks and bounces rapidly).
    • If you pick up meteor and throw it vertically, it can instantly destroy the block it lands on. (Griefers can use this.)
    • Spawning tends to fail for some reason. You need to switch teams manually.
    • WTF super hard mode--one round, hundreds of meteors spawned right from the beginning.
    • When most people first try the mode, they don't realize that you can spam arrows by just clicking. Instead, they try to use fully charged-up shots, which actually usually fail to hit meteors due to latency. (Red shots are worst.)
    • If a meteor lands at the tent, it will just bounce on the bedrock without damaging the land.

BlauweSmurf likes this.
  6. lil4eyes

lil4eyes Bison Rider

I've tried your gamemode on my server but the meteors are not spawning, what can I do?