1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mexer's Annoying Inefficient Fly Trap

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Mexer, Oct 5, 2016.

1. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

on note of other arquements, jumping is not that much of a *stop* for knightrush and simple stone or even woodwall stops better than this trap w/out a wall
    no point in trap knights can destroy if you can't rebuild it while it's destroyed~
    --- Double Post Merged, May 30, 2017, Original Post Date: May 30, 2017 ---
    can we give that man an official name of *retard of the year*, who offers to solve the knight experience in 1vs1CTF

2. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

So you expect a builder to stand next to a knight and rebuild his trap within striking distance?

Sounds extra retarded to me. You must not live very long in multiplayer matches!

3. BarsukEughen555

highest survavibility rate of 1seconds, noob

4. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

One benefit from arguing with retards and bad counter-arguments is this:

I just thought of a perfect way to stop bomb thrower spam, and I'm not going to post it so that others learn my trick....yet.

5. BarsukEughen555

*HAY GUYS I GOT AN AWESOME IDEA BUT I WON'T TELL IT TO ANYONE CUZ YOU MIGHT STEAL IT BUT IT'S AWESOME GIVE ME ONE MILLION DOLAAAARS*

Asu, PUNK123 and Osmal like this.
  6. Mexer

Mexer Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. No Control - to be deleted. inactive

Glad to see this has generated a healthy progressive conversation about building and constructive criticism of my builds.

SirDangalang and Osmal like this.
  7. BarsukEughen555

on a serious note, could use some stun methods to drop people into saw

8. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Mine is pretty cheap, guess you could do it with only 1 trapblocks tho
    And, for your #1 a deadly and cheap trap? Theres only one like that, and thats the saw trap, and saw isnt cheap. I generally feel like only knights with 0 IQ fall for any trap. mine is here to mainly stop pushes, which it does.

2# guess you could make the spikes be 2 blocks in ground, on top trapblocks and put doors there If its such a problem to just easily wallrun up

9. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

mcrifel and Biurza like this.
  10. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

My design uses far less stone for most of the same effect.

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

All traps have flaws, are inefficient at plain sight (we're not playing against bots in a typical tower-defence game) and can be destroyedwith explosives or turned into an enemy burrow in plenty of ways. All the defensive structures can turn upside down and be offensive for the the other team. That doesn't mean you don't have to make them, they have a purpose I believe.
    Sophisticated traps don't usually, from my experience, pay off as good as some simple retractile spikes placed here and there wisely (or even brainlessly) using some platforms, door/platform/spike cages, near to downwards doors, near to growing tres that hide etc. Traps are for both holding the enemies and for making some damage, not necessarily for massacring.
    Except, of course, for these pesky traps underground that can't be predicted. RadioActive is rather good in that.

Also, the best for reducing bomb damage is inwards platforms, or simply platforms.