1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mine Defusal

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TheChosenOne2000, Nov 14, 2013.

?

Agree

1. Na

75.0%
  2. Ya

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. So, this thread is about MINES, YA MINES, :mine:<---THOSE THINGS, 80 coins wasted. You buy them so someone can break them with 2 jabs, USELESS, A WASTE, TOO QUICK TO BE DESTROYED.

The idea is that you have a LITTLE more time to destroy mine, you must defuse them.
    If someone wants to make some cool GUI, sure, that isn't what I want. What I am saying is you should have to wait the same time it takes t unpack a cata. THEN it is defused. Balances it ALOT.

2. Bint

Bint Haxor

42997728.jpg

Klokinator and Gurin like this.
  3. Oh but it does:smug:

4. Bint

Bint Haxor

Explain.

5. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

Their versatility justifies the price and their vulnerability is a real variable. The cause of their vulnerability is most often that they only appear in their ones and twos and, requiring only marginal finesse to disarm, become easy to handle as an obstacle. If archers or builders bought several mines and scattered them in a nice place it could be devastating! That's really the problem here. Mines can be used by all classes, but their most common uses are controlled demolition or martyrdoom by knights. They're just not getting the play they deserve.

Be creative with your mayhem.

6. ORRRRRRRRRRRRRR, they just do not turn to dust when you poke them, like an actual METAL mine

7. Bint

Bint Haxor

So would the reach range be the same as when jabbing the mine? I guess it would make more sense.

8. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

This guy's got a point.

It's especially stupid to consider the fact that Knights, the one class that already has a method of surviving a mine explosion, is the ONLY class that can defuse them. Seriously, that's stupid. Give every class the ability to defuse a mine with a little defusing action that takes a while to perform, and you've got yourself balance.

9. YUP DEE-DEE and i accidentally disagreed:rektlord:

10. Nonsequitorian

Nonsequitorian Catapult Fodder

I don't think you need to disarm mines at all. The time it takes for somebody to slash a mine is long enough for another knight to up and kill him. The only problem with mines as they stand is that they're not sticky enough.

I mean, I feel like if they could stick on walls and ceilings they'd work much better. At the moment mines are simply strong bombs that explode when somebody slips.

11. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

Builders can disarm mines. Archers can't, but a mine in an open field can be shot to detonate it and prevent deaths for your own team. So disarmament is a fair subject to argue over but the price isn't. Eighty coins is just fine.

12. there are so many times that i set a mine, take a step back to charge, and someone attacks me and breaks it instantly even if it is BEHIND THEM

13. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Knights can slash mines to destroy them. They can shield jump on them to destroy them, as well as then throwing them into the air and allowing them to fly over enemy structures. I use this all the time.

Archers can shoot arrows at them and destroy them.

Builders can jump on them, killing themselves, to destroy them.

All classes can throw allied team dead bodies at them to destroy them. Enemy team players can throw your dead body at them to destroy them. I use this all the time to detonate mines when I want to blow up their structure.

Those are the ways the can be destroyed.

Now to look at the damage they can do.

Mines do a lot of damage, close to the amount of damage a keg can do, except, they can be carried in your backpack, used by every character, and you can hold up to 5 of them at a time.

Place them in front of a enemy team door and there is no way to disarm them. Trust me, you can't. If you try, you die. And if you were able to, by the time you got to it and did it, some completely oblivious player would have already walked out and blew both you, your doors, and himself, up.

Looking at their durability.

When you throw a mine off a building, it breaks. Its annoying. If anything, I think mines should not take physics damage. They are, like you said, made out of metal. Throwing them off a building shouldn't destroy them.

Now, if you want to keep the physics damage done to them in-game. Why not just make it so they explode on impact. Then catapults have an explosive shot to fire and you don't have people complaining, like me, about how bs it is that they just break when hitting the ground.

In conclusion:

Mines do not need some silly disarming quick-time event. KAG is not McGyver simulator 2014. They do need a durability buff, not from slash/arrow damage, just from physics damage.

14. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Builders can disarm them you uneducated faggot

Mazey likes this.
  15. WHEN DID I SAY THAT, I SAID THERE IS AN OPTION TO DISARM WHEN U PRESS E! NO QUICK TIME, JUST CATA-STYLE LOADING BAR, JESUS IT WOULD BE SOOO USEFULL!!!

16. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I'm not even going to argue with you guys if you are going to insult me and use nothing but caps.

At this point, your idea already has a 20% approval rating. So have fun with sticking to your initial idea.

17. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Guys, stop. Like seriously.

:>:(:

Bint and Duplolas like this.
  18. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

It has indeed become pretty bad.

19. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

/sign
    mines are perfect balanced killer in TTH, uprading them with your defusing suggestion would make them OP for sure. Maybe they are too expensive in CTF, never ever buyed one in CTF. So dunno

hmm..., I get a great Idea. what about booby traping crates with Mines. That would opens some new tactics by confusing play. And easy to implement.

By the way, your thread title is bad.

EDIT:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.