1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Missing executable and Disk read error

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CaptainTuna, Feb 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainTuna

CaptainTuna Catapult Fodder

Category: KAG/Steam (not sure)

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64 bit

Build number: 1013/998

Description: I play the game fine the first time. Then, after I quit to windows, I try to launch the game again from Steam but the error "missing executable" appears. If I verify the game cache, Steam understands the exe is missing and tries to download it, but it fails : "disk read error". I'm not sure whether this problem is KAG or steam related, but all my other games work fine and I never had a similar problem.

I usually get around this by exiting Steam, deleting the appcache folder, restarting the pc, and then the file downloads fine. But after I quit and I try to launch the game again, the problem gets back, so I basically have to restart my pc every time I want to play it.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Launch KAG, plays fine.
    2. Quit KAG.
    3. Cannot launch it any more, missing executable and disk read error.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Seems strange, try to chkdsk your drive and checking if S.M.A.R.T is alright, we never know.
    When you close it, do you force it to close?

3. CaptainTuna

CaptainTuna Catapult Fodder

Just chkdsk'd my drive and no problems where found. I always close the game properly, never forced it.

4. sounds like an os or av issue, nothing we can do about it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.