1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Moat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArtCrusader, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ArtCrusader

ArtCrusader Guest

Moats would be like in Stronghold, just that you could fill them up as a builder by building a water pump somewhere and collect the dropping water by standing right next to it. A unit who enters the moat will sink and drown, but the moat can be sabotaged by builders who dig a tunnel below it. Together with moats, draw bridges should be introduced to the game, so the utility of moats would be maxed out. It is balanced due to the high cost of precious time a builder needs to build a water pump and a moat.

I am thinking about other possibilities for water to be used, and right now I think wheat is the way to go. Once harvested, wheat can be used to make bread which can be given to any other player. Bread will heal the player for one health point each, and there is a maximum of three breads per player.

Additionally, I thought about a mechanism which would make mining easier. You build a waterpump and lead the water through wooden pipes into a mine, where it will collide with blocks. If it collides with dirt, dirt vanishes, so builders have less time to waste on it. The waterflow (where it flows) can be controlled by turning the water pump off. There are 2 different pipe pieces: one with a hole and one without. You figure out the rest.

2. bilbs

bilbs Guest

There's been mention of plans to add water by the devs. The pump is an interesting idea though.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I've been thinking about pumps and the like, I enjoy making water towers in dwarf fortress and I think that would translate well into KAG, however we're going to get the gameplay finished before adding a fluid sim ;)