1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

MODDING FAQ's and Need-to-knows.

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Saverous, Jul 22, 2012.

?

Was your Question answered?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  1. Inkognito

Inkognito Catapult Fodder

So I could use the Migrant CFG, call it zombie.cfg and give him the sprites/attacks from the zombie? (Or just add the migrant-follow-things to the zombie?)

2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Nvm, forgot that you can't order migrants around other than throw them at monsters... -.-
    And remember that he turns into a builder when captured. :/

3. Inkognito

Inkognito Catapult Fodder

I cant even spawn them with a shop :/. Is there a tutorial anywhere? If I buy a zombie/skeleton/migrant it does the building sound but then there is nothing D:

4. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

If its too fast it won't do damage at all, probably the same thing with them being visible.

5. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Check around the forums, people have built shops that show you.

6. al1163

al1163 Catapult Fodder

How do you increase the speed of the arrow of the archer and decrease charge time? Can't find any files for it.:(

7. MechaTrickster

What you're looking for is in \Base\Rules\CTF open gamemode.cfg and find # class modding copy everything from that to # end class modding then paste it in the bottom of the gamemode.cfg you're using. For example \Base\Rules\SuperUltraFun\gamemode.cfg. Find archer_drawtime = 23 the lower the number the faster arrows are shot vice versa.

8. avbryt

avbryt Builder Stabber

Hi, how do i add 1 more keg?? :migrant:

9. MechaTrickster

What do you mean one more keg? Like an additional different kind of keg to your shop? If so click the spoiler
    Head over to
    Save the item.cfg you'll want to be using in KAG\Base\Entities\Rooms
    KAG\Base\Entities\Rooms
    Load up the config you'll be using depending on the gamemode
    After adding the keg to your items folder look for something like this in your rooms config.
    Code:
     DEMOLITION WORKSHOP; Entities/Rooms/Sprites/DemoShop.png; $KEY7$ to buy explosives; bomb, keg; w50, s50;
    After keg; type the exact names of the kegs you'll be using like so keg; superkeg,fireworkskeg, ohmygodkeg, keg; and after the last keg make sure to end with what you started with, keg;
    Code:
              DEMOLITION WORKSHOP; Entities/Rooms/Sprites/DemoShop.png; $KEY7$ to buy explosives; bomb, keg; superkeg, fireworkskeg, ohmygodkeg, keg; w50, s50;
    Then CTRL + F to

Code:
                      keg; keg; Entities/Items/Keg.cfg; Entities/Items/Sprites/Keg.png; Entities/Rooms/Sounds/BombMake.ogg; 0; 16; Buy me to demolish castles!; c30;
    Copy and paste a second one directly under it and edit as you please, the name of the keg used earlier takes the place of the first keg;
    Code:
                      superkeg; keg; Entities/Items/SuperKeg.cfg; Entities/Items/Sprites/Keg.png; Entities/Rooms/Sounds/BombMake.ogg; 0; 16; OH MY GOD DESCRIPTION GOES HERE; c30;

10. xiaojin67

xiaojin67 King's Entertainer Tester

heelp, how do i make the server into a role-playing server with more than two teams?:QQ:

Apronymous and ParaLogia like this.
  11. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I think you add team3.cfg team4.cfg etc files to your rules folder. You'll also have to add team3.cfg and team4.cfg in a list in your gamemode.cfg file. There might be more steps if someone would like to clarify.

12. xiaojin67

xiaojin67 King's Entertainer Tester

yes someone please clarify because i did add team 3 and team4 to my rules and gamemode, both with all 3 classes (i think i copied and pasted the team1&2 files and renamed them) but that crashed my game -,-

Apronymous likes this.
  13. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

can you attach all of the files you changed?

14. godkirby

godkirby Bison Rider

ok someone help me :QQ: when i try and change the Knight sprite to the zombie knight it appears backwards help me!!!! if possible attach images :migrant:
    Thanks GodKirby
    :zchicken:(Me is chickenz Fer Mez)

15. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

DId you just replace it with the z knight file?
    If you did then
    1.Z Knight sprite faces <-, knight sprite faces ->
    2.Zombie Knight doesn't have enough "frames" for the knight, so some things will be just blank in game.

16. godkirby

godkirby Bison Rider

no i mean i just took the knight sprite photo and replaced the knight sprite with it and the zombie knight is now backwards help ish

GodKirby

17. MechaTrickster

That's because actors/enities face left on their sheet.

18. godkirby

godkirby Bison Rider

that was no help what so ever :P how do i make them face the right way? i mean

GodKirby

19. MechaTrickster

It should've given you the idea of flipping the sheet, but it won't work unless other players have a flipped sheet.

20. Hey, i know this was like.. ages ago, but how do we make wraiths explode bigger?
    Coz i made a separate wraith with a different sprite and everything, and it spawns but it explodes just like a regular wraith (but it is slower). How to give it a bigger explosion radius?