1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Modern texture pack (W.I.P)

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by SCOOBYDAWG, Jul 18, 2013.

1. SCOOBYDAWG

SCOOBYDAWG Shark Slayer

Hello,
    I made a texture pack for myself and thought
    "What the heck, i'll just put it on the forums."
    so anyway, here it is .
    Hope ya enjoy it.

Attached Files:

2. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

This is shit. Modern is sleek and clean, not monochrome and unoriginal. Anyone could make what you made.

I'm not even sure how would a "Modern" texture pack would look :|

xThunderBirdx likes this.
  3. lomichelotti

lomichelotti Shark Slayer

s
    shut up and do something better than his texture to proove your honor!

-Q likes this.
  4. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Pretty sure you're kidding but incase you're not, that is the mighty Tiny Pixl Link you speak to.

link6155 likes this.
  5. link6155

6. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Perhaps could do with some screens of it all together? Also I have moved this section to alpha - it could do with some improvement.

http://grab.by/oIlg
    http://grab.by/oIlk

7. FlamingDragon96

Wow, so this thread has gone from being able to make a good texturepack to actually drawing stuff in real life? Those are nice drawings lomi, I love them myself but I believe what link was trying to say as in "proving your honor" yourself was showing a texture pack you have made. As to Hatsumei, lomi didn't even make this pack (just saying since it sounds like that in your post) and if you want a manga/anime looking texture pack that will be impossible unless in the future we can increase the resolution of the sprites. The only reason link does not like this pack (me included) is because it only changes the bow to green, sword to gold, and the color of the hammer. These have been done many times before and I would not really consider them to be modern since they are still medieval weapons. Yes link might have been harsh but sometimes it has to be said that way for people to stop posting stuff like this. Sorry SCOOBYDAWG, but you're gonna have to try harder before posting another texture pack.

link6155, Froghead48 and VanHuek like this.
  8. -Q

-Q Donator

Are forum moderators deleting posts which don't align with their respective opinions now? I don't recall anything untoward with both OP's response, nor mine. For the gist of them for any future readers, his response was, along lines, "Yalls' criticisms don't bother me much; I am a manga artist before a pixel one", after stating which, he uploaded some extremely impressive drawings.

My response said as much, complimenting him, and proposing the idea that he consider work utilizing his better talents to implement some sprites with that 2D-scrolling Japanese style in the manner of Dofus and Maplestory. Now that I notice by FlamingDragon's signature, it can indeed be done. Your refutation, Dragon, befuddles me - "Rise of the Samurai", an evidently Japan-oriented texture works very well considering the circumstances, well enough I at least would consider it mangesque enough.

9. FlamingDragon96

So just because my texturepack is about feudal japan that means that a manga/anime texturepack can be done? Also, I believe the posts are being deleted because they have to do with nothing about this texturepack in particular. Wouldn't be surprised if our posts get deleted as well.

10. link6155

Anime may come from japan, but it doesn't really apply to flamingdragon9's texturepack. His texture pack still is based on the KAG's pixel style, but with a Japanese theme rather than medieval. And I think posts are being deleted because they're not very helpful to the author of this texturepack. Comments need to be constructive critism, showing the author what's bad or good about his/her texturepack.

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

VanHuek deleted your guys posts because they were all off topic, blah blah blah, take it up him if you want something changed, blah blah blah, stop being off topic

xThunderBirdx, link6155 and VanHuek like this.