1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Mods On A Bus (the problem with the forum moderators is...)

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by FuzzyBlueBaron, Jan 17, 2013.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So. Apparently there's some discontent with how these forums are moderated. There's been occasional mutterings since I can remember, but seems now's the time to have-at-it in full and see just how rotten the state of Denmark really is.

If you have ever been on the receiving end of unfair or unwarranted treatment from the administrators or moderators of this forum, this is the place to air your grievances. If your grievances are of a more general nature that's fine, but please, for the love of all things green and leafy, do not post allegations against individuals without offering some form of substantiation--i.e. no finger pointing without proof, okay?

tl;dr
    In case it wasn't clear from the above, this thread is for serious discussion only. Feel free to contribute, but please make sure your posts are constructive.

tigorsun, PUNK123, Boxpipe and 6 others like this.
  2. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

I've never had any problems with the mods on this forums, or Guards in game, but maybe that's just because I'm me.

3. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Mods are gay, post horses.
    [​IMG]

I think I've aired my discontent over these matters quite a bit at this point, however I'd happily air them again should it be required of me.

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

FYI to all: I am currently (with BlueLuigi's esteemed help, ty BL) looking at updating the forum rules and writing a set of guidelines about how those rules should be enforced. Once complete there will be a post in the Announcements forum, the updated rules implemented, and the guidelines made available to all forum users. The plan is that this will provide a common reference point as to the running of the forum and will help to protect moderators and ordinary users from possible rule ambiguities as well as each other.

Between now and the final draft of the rules+guidelines there will be a period of consultation where community representatives will be asked to cast an eye over the documents and voice any concerns they have. If you would like to be one of these representatives (or if you have someone you'd like to recommend) please voice yourself here. The ETA of the new rules should be sometime within the next month, so feel free to beat me about the head with a banana if we hit March and they're not out yet.

Thank you.

Boxpipe and rocker2 like this.
  5. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I would like to add on small comment to this vast discussion.

This small community isn't a very 'welcoming' group. We tend to be slightly 'harsh' with newcomers. I would just like to ask the mods to make sure that nobody is scared away by how we might act towards new members.

Thank you for considering my feedback.

Boxpipe, AL3X_j_M, Froghead48 and 2 others like this.
  6. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Guards on forums
    If there was no such thing I would be lost these guys are the biggest help I idol them in kag they are willing to help whenever even if they don't know us they make a point in staying hi

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

There are moderators on the forums, most of which are also guards in-game.

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

My experience with forum mods has been okay. Unless posts are really bad, the mods just give out warnings for them. Aside from personal experiences, whenever a thread devolves into inane ramblings of trolls, they just lock the whole thread to make sure that they aren't impartial or allowing more well-mannered players to be subjected to the garbage.

In regards to the actual forums though, I would like to see individual threads in the server directory allow 1-2 additional forum moderators chosen by the server owner(s), although I don't know if that's possible or feasible.

As for things related to the issue brought up in that thread you linked to (mod editing), unless contents of a post are directly attacking specific players/developers/etc, obnoxious pictures or videos, or unrelated advertising, it probably shouldn't be edited. You might want to add things like cursing or racism to that list, just because these are open forums and all players (even creative mode) read the stuff here, but I think that would be something the developers should choose.

And by "shouldn't be edited", that goes for moving posts too. Yes, with a post like BL's, a thread can take a turn away from the original intent of the thread, but it was still related (even if only by a little). If it is felt that it will take it directly away from the intent of the thread (whether by requiring much additional discussion or otherwise), then ask them to make a new thread instead. Added blue edit text, PM, whatever, just let them know that it will probably hijack the thread or was too unrelated, and that if they want to continue the discussion, then they should make a new thread about it to keep the original one on-topic. THEN if they continue on, you should punish them/move posts/etc.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97