1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Money Making Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fellere825, Dec 2, 2011.

1. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

David Pencil is a great composer. He certainly songs that I do adore. So he has my support. :) I don't think it will be this kind of relaxed beat, epic beat. But more of an upbeat, action type of music. Although, who knows right? ^^ I can't wait though. :)

2. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...ames-ben-kucheras-lecture-at-run-jump-dev.ars

Check out the link above it's a lecture about how to market indie games. One of the main points stressed the most is a strong marketing force to push the game further. A lot of large companies spend lots of money to a get game into the lime light. I understand the dev's don't have millions of dollars to market in a huge way. However, spending a reasonable portion of a budget to market a game is a good investment. A good idea to market a game like KAG is the fact it doesn't take much to run. Any labtop or computer should be able to handle the requirements. Its a fun on the go game that is good for just about any age group. It's very creative in the sense of how many castle configurations that are possible. It doesn't require an expensive game console to play on. Ten dollars is a very good price for a game like KAG. Most xbox 360 games run about sixty dollars each game. Even after Alpha phase twenty-five dollars is still a very reasonable price to pay compared to larger game companies. I know KAG is free-to-play but we all know that people want to purchase the full game. They like seeing a word like "Premium" included in their title. Plus all of the other benefits that you have access to after is a major selling point. I'm interested to see what people can think of in the future. Any positive feed back would be nice thank you.