1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(More)Hostile animals and plants!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Stealthkibbler, Nov 13, 2013.

?

Should some of these be implemented

1. Awww yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Nah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Let the devs decide hoping they show their opinions on the matter

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Doesn't concern me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

I love bison, sharks and chickens just as much as the next guy/girl, but when it comes to venturing out into the battlefield on a beefy KAG server, there's one thing that catches a players eye. Hostile animals, why should Kag need more hostile animals? Well, people want more farming animals, but I see no detailed mention of more hostilities to roam the map! Here I am, 2am wasting my time when I could be asleep, attempting to explain why I think hostile animals would boost the gameplay experience and aesthetic appeal for KAG.

Biomes had already been mentioned, however a map with VERY dense foliage and fauna can be a treacherous land to fight on. Although I do bring this topic back up again, I want to focus solely on a jungle region here, Plains meh, Lake with floating islands? Pretty sweet, but a dense jungle riddled with hostile animals and fauna? That's what I call excitement! Now enough rambling from me, lets get into these hostilities and how I picture them.

While Kag is a medieval based game, we were shown the necromancer in the save the princess adventure, while the princess's marvellous figure had me alluring for more, my attention was sparked that KAG actually has magic in it. Thus meaning plants could evolve due to magicks of certain kinds? This is just a reason as to why they came to be though.

Fauna:
    Venus flymantrap(A very common dangerous fauna, this could range from a small one biting away at a players life, to a large one that can swallow knights whole that threaten it's home)
    The Pit(A small hole in the ground, unless a player manages to fall into it or is pushed into it, then they become ravaged by vines or a sharp mouth)
    Slimer(Not really dangerous but if you stand on/near it, it may give you a sticky surprise-May cause combat deficiency and turn you into a sword/arrow magnet)
    Brambles(Thorny branches/roots, what more to say?)
    Porcupine(A cute green leaf at first, looks much like the normal shrubbery, until it takes a small amount of health away with a stingy surprise- Maybe poisons for 1 and half a heart?)
    Berry bushes( Varying from poisonous to not so poisonous, both look very similar, hope you brought the druids herb guide with you, have fun!)
    Lasher(Just a evil vine, has a whipping fetish)

Animals:
    Alligator snapping turtles(If you've never seen their beaks, look them up now, they're deadly and cool)
    Vipers(Very poisonous snake)
    Wels Catfish(Funny right? These things were reported swallowing people whole in medieval times...
    Blue-ringed octopus(These things only live in Australia yeah... but Australia didn't exist that long back, besides they cause convulsions and their rings look cool)

I few final things I would like to say.
    These are just my ideas, I'm sure everyone else can come up with more better ones.
    I don't expect most of them to be implemented, things like the mantrap and the lasher seem a bit too-much, but I still believe things like brambles and berries should be in the game. As for the animals, they were random things I just pulled off the net, the wels catfish sounds fun, being swallowed whole by a giant fish sounds interesting in KAG.

Sorry about my grammar or any bad English, tired as hell.

AmestriStephen and crawfish like this.
Mods: Rainbows