1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

More kills needed for all for all

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by toffie0, Nov 15, 2015.

?

Thoughts:

1. 7-8 kills needed (idea 1)

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Vote (idea 2)

9 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Neither

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Good morning / Afternoon,

I have two ideas, both aiming to increase the limit of matches you play by increasing the kill limit to win.

My first idea is that 7-8 kills are needed in all for all (sorry if the name is wrong). This decreases the likely hood of finishing a match in 1-2 rounds. It also increases the time that is played during the match.

My second idea is to be able to vote on the number of kills needed to win. This lets the players who wish to have a short match have a short match, while the players who which to have a longer match have a longer match. I recommend having the option to vote between 3-4 possible options.

Option 1: 3 kills (unsure whether to be included or not)
    Option 2: 5 kills
    Option 3: 7 kills
    Option 4: 10 kills

The idea is that the 1-4 players vote on which number of kills they wish to play. For an example from there's 3 people playing and two vote for option 2 and one voted for option 3. It will be option to that is played with, 5 kills. If it is a tie it is randomized between those two options.

The vote would be underneath where the class is chosen while the player is in the truck.

In my view increasing the number of kills is needed because of the amount of games that have ended in 1-2 rounds. This is due to players constantly reviving, therefore also getting killed / kills. Also the matches seem a tad short.

2. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

In the old demo, when i use to play local with my gf and friends , i modified the rules to last 20 kills each game :P . and the time of each round increased by 5 mins. It was hella fun.
    I like a lot the idea that the players could vote how long would be the game.

toffie0 likes this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just a heads up - we've upped the kill count to 8 for the next preview. We felt 10 was a bit much and 3 games of getting roflstomped would probably be enough, but would allow one random lottery +5 to not just end things. If you get 8 kills in one (honestly, competitive) game, I'll be surprised and impressed.

Allowing players to choose is an attractive option (same with bots/no bots) but not a priority for the moment (requires more talking between servers and the gamemode isn't really set up for it, and would need some kind of anti-laming mechanism to prevent people clogging the servers for too long).

EhRa, 101i, bru-jaz and 3 others like this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey