1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

More photos of GDC Soon - It’s over!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Furai, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

If MM and Geti fell from the top of the building I do not know what would become of me D:

2. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

MM in that picture+caption reminds me of Topher from the "to friend a predator" episode of workaholics.

3. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

So, I'm not sure if the discussion on a reputation system ended on Furai's statement or not, and if it did I apologize and will remove this post if you clarify, but it's my opinion that up/down voting should cost more than it gives. It's not really well thought out or developed and it's probably full of holes, but there it is.
    Also, two questions on the current plans for the system; will gaining points from the time require you be active or not?, and will my reputation payment immediately impact my reputation as viewed by admins and what-not or will it only change for them after the payment has been finalized after 24 hours or so? (or will they see my score after payment and how many points I've spent that I can still take back, or that I spent recently, or some other third thing (and would this be the case for impacts to my score from other players that haven't been finalized yet?) et cetera...)

4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Do you know how you told me not to knock it before I tried it? The same can be said to you. You're praising something that hasn't even been developed, and you have NO IDEA if it'll be great OR bad.

Here's something on the other side of the coin. Before I argued AGAINST young/inexperienced/new players, but now I'll be arguing FOR them. Let's face it, the main attraction of KAG (at least at first) is the building aspect. This is what draws in MUCH of the community, so many new/inexperienced (see; young) players just headlong into a server, not knowing the FIRST THING about building. They'll place abstract collections of stone with ladders on both sides for mobility, and soon enough, every player on their team is downvoting this player. They have negative ratings, therefore can't play on many decent servers.

Either way you swing it, this system has flaws. And I really wish you (and maybe a few others) would stop praising it when we should be giving our input in terms of improvement, not glorificatio to the devs. THEY GET ENOUGH OF THAT ALREADY! HIYO

The discussion is not over. We have not been given an alternative venue to discuss it.

Beef and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

The discussion pertains directly to content in the OP, hence why no alt. venue. ;)

{edit}
    Hf, Geti-- the bedhead master race will soon rule all! :D
    [​IMG]
    Also, am somewhat jelly of Rayray. :(

WarrFork, SlyStalker, rocker2 and 4 others like this.
  6. eamono

eamono Arsonist

Adding rep seems pointless, right now hardcore players play on gather or clan servers, casual players play public servers, and greifers get banned by admins, we don't need to put a number on those things. By looking at games like CoD and TF2 you can see that casuals separate themselves from hardcores very well, and once the game hits beta it doesnt mean that all server admins will die and greifers will rise up to claim what is theirs, keep guards on the official kag servers and make it the server owners responsibility to protect their own servers.

7. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

One thing at the time devs please....

We are all waiting for a new release, not a pointless reputation system.

This kind of feature isnt useful on kag imo.

8. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

Just like Eamono said, we have admins, there will be good servers and bad servers, or just with worse players. Clan is for the best, good is for average good and those that have bad map cycle, bad admins will have those grefiers or other bad players. We DONT need rep at all, that global thing is another opportunity for grefiers to TROLL... People are mean, more people will give more bad votes than good, I see this very well in Dota 2. When people are angry for no reason or their stupidity they are like "GiVE ! tHAt playER a warning, bAN him!!!1 Team is BAd, ItS their fault NO!t mine!!!" and giving others good rep in account is verrry rare thing. Game must be perfect for everyone to do that.

Please, dont add rep. Im just sayin', you're devs and its up to you, but this is bad idea, more flaws than advantages.

9. eamono

eamono Arsonist

when this thread started everyone loved rep system, and now it has evolved into everyone hating it...

but seriously, it would be better to make the game 3d then it would be to add rep.

10. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Literally the first reply to this thread was hate on the reputation system. :P

feet, Rayne, vampo and 5 others like this.
  11. eamono

eamono Arsonist

I meant that the first page or 2 had alot of people willing to give rep a chance, the last few pages have been people hating on the rep system, people pointing out major flaws, and general confusion

"loved" may have been a teensy weensy (giant) bit exagerated, srry for confusion

12. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Certified badmins.

[​IMG]

rayray & getiadministrator

WarrFork and SlyStalker like this.
  13. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Sigh... Everyone here is missing the most important question out there about the rep system...

After removal of guards will I get to keep my green name and the hat...?

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Fell, ask and ye shall receive... :3

(For those who are not guards & can't view the linked page, I'm not sure if that info is public or not so for now you'll just have to wait. Soz!)

15. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

I heard this once at a particular sport, and found it relates to everything.
    don't change a winning tactic.
    Interpret as you will.

16. Xanoxis-Rawr

Xanoxis-Rawr Arsonist

As a big strategy fan (FAForever) I must mostly disagree. You must be tricky and change tactic before your enemy will counter it, or you will be annihilated, catched of guard. That a big offtopic, just sayin' :p

17. zollie20

zollie20 Haxor

speaking of 'guard', that's what I was getting at. I think the devs may be underestimating how many people are to one guard.
    Guards should stay imho.

BeasterDenBeast likes this.
  18. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

You shouldn't even let the enemy know what you're doing until the crucial, winning moment. That's the idea anyway. :p

And about the rep system: Why don't we give it a try, to see if its any good. Let's cut the devs some slack, shall we? If its complete and utter crap, the devs will scrap it.

19. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

*slap* *slap*

20. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

THAT IS A SACRILEGE TO KAG! Seriously, 3D?