1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Most pain ever experienced?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Rainbows, Nov 12, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

Herniated a disk in my back from jiu-jitsu about three years ago. Took 6 months of rest and two steroid injections to bounce back. I lay off the fancy aerobatics now, just work out my grips like a fiend to compensate for my cautious approach.

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Owwwwwch! :huh?:

Not something I personally experienced, but was reading a news paper a few years ago and it made a passing reference to a footy player who'd retired injured from a match --- with a ruptured testicle! :skull:

3. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I sat in the backseat of a car with two "talkative" girls on either side of me.

The shit I heard that day is burned into my memory. It is pure agony.

"Talkative" = Very Loud Teenagers.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  4. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

[​IMG]

My reaction.

Piano, Mulpy, Frogdo and 2 others like this.
  5. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Its when you suck your own ****.

Do not look it up.

6. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Must...not....open...google....

7. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

*Sigh*
    Reveal secrets time, I was in a car accident when I was a child and it left me with a chest like this, try to imagine your chest caving in from a shard of metal almost killed my ass.
    [​IMG]
    Note* That is not me and I do not have the disease that causes this, it just looks similar.

8. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

I was staring at the armpit hair too much to notice the hole.
    But holey (Pun intended) shit, it must be annoying to go swimming.

9. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Geti is right, this will turn into a Gore Thread.

Adinxs likes this.
  10. Adinxs

Adinxs Bison Rider

Hell yeah it will.

11. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

And then i will finally Unwatch this thread.

12. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I know someone with that disease.
    Anyway, you guys go out too often! I've never broken or herniated or torn anything! The worst I got was when:
    -I fell out of a tree and got 4mm deep gashes in my chest (probably should have gotten stitches; now I have very noticeable scars)
    -I got Coxsackie virus, which gave my painful sores all over my body, and in my mouth I lost like 10 pounds because eating was so freaking painful

13. GrimWaltz

GrimWaltz Shopkeep Stealer

Honestly, I believe that mental pain is far more painful than physical pain.
    Anyway, before delving within my own history of painful situations I have been in (It's a long list, I'll only highlight a few.) is it bad that I've been laughing almost the entire time?
    I get broozed up once in a while, get hurt on other occasions and get incapacitated some times too. But I've never broken something in my body. Ever. *proud*

Alright, in no specific order,

I guess I was 16 at a time, and hardly was the most painful experience ever, I'll explain why later.
    I was running, balancing on a small wall. While suddenly a friend of mine pushed me off the wall. I lost my balance and fell with my shin onto a corner of an old rusty gate. At that exact same time, my father came with a few bags of groceries that I had to help carry to the kitchen.

I stood up, and felt no pain to which I was relieved. I walked up to my father, picked up the bags and suddenly I felt something like water ooze down my leg. My mind went "Oh, OH!" but I kept a stern face and helped my dad. After leaving the bags in the kitchen I told my father I needed to use the bathroom and escaped upstairs.

I closed the door and slowly pulled up my jeans. First visual aspect that something was wrong: my only white pair of socks were now blood red... I pulled my pants up higher and followed the blood trail from my sock, up my leg to the big gaping, gushing hole in my shin. I cleaned up the blood, but it kept on flowing. I checked the hole as it didn't hurt, and could see something white within all the redness.

Of course, as anyone would do, I stuck my finger in the wound and came to the conclusion that it, indeed, was my bone. I bandaged myself up. But kept changing the bandages every 12 hours. After 2 days the bleeding lessened and now I have a beautiful painless scar on my leg. :p

Another, more painful experience, was when I was 16 as well.

I was climbing a lamppost, slowly climbing higher and higher. A lamppost here is about 6 meters high. As I almost reached the top and the lamppost began to sway, for no reason at all as I was used to climbing lamppost wasn't fatigued and didn't have slippery hands, my hands suddenly said: "Fuck you, I'm taking a snooze!" and relaxed, releasing the lamppost.

I fell straight down, landing on my feet like a boss. ( I freerun, so I know how to land on my feet without getting hurt and reducing impact. first balls of the feet, shift weight, absorb the shock with my legs and let the shock flow, bend trough knee's, slap floor releasing most of the tension and then heels on the floor.) BUT, this is where the pain starts... The floor, wasn't perfectly flat. Oh, no! If that were the case, I would have landed perfectly and awesomely badass.

But nooo, the floor had to fuck it up for me. The spot where I landed was elevated about 7 cm's (2.7 inches) from the ground, fucking up the release of tension flow throughout my body and eventually my foot turned blue, swelled up like a marshmallow in a chocolate bathtub, and hurt like I stepped on a land mine... And guess what?

I had to walk 5 km's (3.1 miles) back home... Hopped most of the way :p Couldn't walk for about a week. It happened on a Friday evening, had to go to school on Monday (by bike) till Friday. But Thursday I could walk a little bit, and Friday after school I was freerunning again. :p

I was sick, I don't know the name of the disease by heart, but I'll update it when I found it's name again. I'll have to check my medical books again.

So basically, it started with rashes all over my lower abdomen. These rashes went up to my chest and were itchy as all hell. After that, it retreated and I started getting a high fever and an amazing headache. After that came the liquid loss.

I started throwing up and having diarrhea all over the place. I'm not kidding. I couldn't do anything because after every 2-3 minutes I had to throw up again. Of course I lost more than 10 kilo's in a matter of hours. I was losing fluids way to fast, so I had to drink down a hole bottle of salted water... every hour... it was hell... After about a week, I was cured.
    But... what a week it was....

So yeah, that's it for now :)

Cheesemaster66 likes this.
  14. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

I was in a motorbike accident. I fell off the bike at like 20mph and slammed onto the warm dusty road. (I was in Egypt)
    I ripped all of the skin on my arm clean off and it hurt like hell...Also the motorbike's Exhaust pipe fell on my leg burning it. Had to wait three painful weeks for medical treatment.

15. superping

superping Drill Rusher

OMG THANKS TO YOU I WATCHED THE VIDEO!:QQ:

GrimWaltz likes this.
  16. GrimWaltz

Oooh... that must have stung.... Where were you in Egypt?

17. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

I lived in a place called Hurghada for like 3 years! It's next to the coast, Lovely place. :B):

18. GrimWaltz

That's quite a while. :p Why did you have to wait for 3 weeks to get medical treatment?

19. AgeOfMe

AgeOfMe Shopkeep Stealer

Either ripping a muscle in my leg while running a mile (on the first quarter, none the less) or having apendicitis and not realizing for a week.

20. Dark_Ham

Dark_Ham Shipwright

The creams I needed for my burns took like 3 weeks. Egypt relies heavily on importation on some of there stuff!
    But they do have Burger King over there so all is good. :B):

Mods: BlueLuigi